It is a really exciting time to be at Extra Space Storage! We got our start in 1977. Today we are a New York Stock Exchange-traded company leading the self-storage industry in more ways than one. But in order to maintain this lead, we need exceptionally motivated, capable, and driven people like you. We offer a fast-paced collaborative environment where each of us directly contributes to the company’s success. Come join us and find out why Glassdoor recognized Extra Space as one of their top 100 places to work in 2018!
We're currently hiring for a Director of Procurement at our corporate offices in Salt Lake City, UT. The Director of Procurement is responsible for the planning, negotiation, pricing, and purchasing of all material and vendor services for the company as directed by the Senior Vice President of Facilities. He/she will evaluate current procurement spend, identify opportunities, and develop and execute a procurement strategy that ensures the company achieves operational excellence while improving cost efficiencies. He/she must closely collaborate with internal stakeholders including Facilities, Operations, and other departments as needed to achieve those goals. The Director of Procurement will develop and lead a group of professionals to support these activities for the company. He/she must closely adhere to our company values of Excellence, Integrity, Teamwork, Innovation, and Passion.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Vendor management and daily oversight of national programs.
- Supports field operations with the highest level of customer service and responsiveness.
- Develops and implements TCO models for the categories to provide clear and actionable recommendations
- Maintains all ordering platforms and ensures a good user experience.
- Evaluates and implements opportunities for new company wide programs.
- Leads RF(x) Activity as part of facilities category evaluation.
- Negotiates and redlines contracts and enterprise wide MSA’s
- Conduct QBR’s while evaluating current partnerships for efficiencies.
- Promotes collaboration and relationship building through facility communications, training, and solicitation of feedback from stakeholders.
- Develops and maintains performance reporting for distribution to company management.
- Asset management - Life cycle analysis.
- Performs other duties as may be assigned.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, economics, business, or related field
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in finance and/or procurement with an emphasis on leading RF(x) activity
- Strong decision making skills and a strong analytical background
- Advanced knowledge and experience in, but not limited to Microsoft Office/Excel.
- Technical aptitude with P2P platforms, Smartsheet, Survey platforms, and PowerBI.
- Ability to interact positively with external and internal stakeholders through customer obsession
We pride ourselves on hiring top talent and provide you the following benefits and more:
- Well defined career paths
- Qualify for Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits on Day 1
- Health Savings Account (HSA) or Flexible Spending (FSA)
- Company paid Life, AD&D, and Short & Long Term Disability
- 401K with company match after 90 days of service
- Holiday pay and paid time off
- Extensive Wellness Program and various Employee Discount Programs
- Personal Health Advocate
- Onsite Fitness Center
- Free soda, coffee, and drinks all day every day and much, much more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
If you are a current Extra Space employee, please apply through the "Find Internal Career Openings" in Workday
Extra Space Storage is the second largest operator of self-storage facilities in the U.S. Since we were founded in 1977, we’ve taken the storage industry by storm. In 2015 alone we added 1.6 Billion dollars in new acquisitions to our already large property portfolio.
The cornerstone of Extra Space Storage is successful partnerships with our stakeholders, partners, investors and customers. Our goals are driven by an impassioned, dedicated workforce that thrives in the innovation driven corporate environment. We are the best, at getting better!
Our Team Makes Us EXTRAordinary
Knowledge is power and experience is valuable. This is why we strive to attract the best candidates for every position at Extra Space Storage. Every position is valuable to our success from our executive management team, corporate employees, on-site managers and call center team.
Offering a Career Path Paved with Innovation and Satisfaction
Attracting the best candidates in any field requires a commitment to job satisfaction. At Extra Space Storage, job satisfaction is high, this is why we have one of the best retention rates in the business. We know that our success depends on our team loving their jobs!
An Extra Space employee is number one valued and knows they are invaluable to the team, customer and company. Second they are passionate enjoying a challenging and rewarding career path armed with the tools they need to succeed. Add a fun work culture and spectacular offices makes Extra Space a pretty amazing place to work.