It is a really exciting time to be at Extra Space Storage! We got our start in 1977. Today we are a New York Stock Exchange-traded company leading the self-storage industry in more ways than one. But in order to maintain this lead, we need exceptionally motivated, capable, and driven people like you. We offer a fast-paced collaborative environment where each of us directly contributes to the company’s success. Come join us and find out why so many of our employees recommend us as a great place to work.
Extra Space is currently hiring for a Product Manager at our Corporate Office in Salt Lake City, UT. In this role, you’ll be responsible for working with an agile team with the express mission of driving current and future top-line earnings growth for Extra Space by developing and implementing strategically important technology and product initiatives. You will define and prioritize product features, experiences, and optimizations through day-to-day collaboration with a cross-functional team including software developers, designers and business or subject matter representatives. The objective or your role will be to bring to market new products, services and technologies that lead to an improved customer experience, increased operational efficiencies, and the addition of new products and services. To be successful, you will need to demonstrate a high level of innovation, strong product management experience, high sense of urgency, a record of accomplishment with first-generation products, and a strategic mindset.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage the full lifecycle of products within a portfolio at Extra Space.
- Translate strategic company direction into a product vision and roadmap that balances market needs with internal resources.
- Ensure internal and external resources are efficiently spent to create best-in-class products that positively differentiate the business from the rest of the market.
- From our executives to our store managers, including our investors and partners, you must have the ability to communicate our product vision, roadmap, and efforts effectively and efficiently.
- Establish strong relationships with key stakeholders and business owners to foster ongoing, two-way communication on current product features and future product concepts.
- Oversee the discovery, definition, design, development, and launch of new products and features.
- Partner with technology and business leaders to ensure the Product Roadmap supports achieving both near and long-term goals; ensure long-term platform growth isn’t sacrificed to achieve near-term goals and delivery dates.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- 3+ years of experience in a Product Management or Product Development role.
- A resilient personality that relishes team achievement and solving complex, unstructured, difficult problems.
- Detail oriented, highly conscientious approach to problem solving and development.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced cross-functional team environment.
- Ability to contribute to defining a strategy and to articulate it in front of a variety of audiences and ensure each audience understands the vision.
- Proven organizational skills with the ability to work on several assignments concurrently.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with proven track record of building strong relationships and establishing credibility with customers, analysts, user experience designers, engineering, and the management team.
- Technical background and the ability to quickly develop deep product understanding and communicate the business values in various manners to different business areas.
- Solid understanding and experience with Agile development methodology.
We pride ourselves on hiring top talent and provide you the following benefits and more:
- Well defined career paths
- Qualify for Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits on Day 1
- Health Savings Account (HSA) or Flexible Spending (FSA)
- Company paid Life, AD&D, and Short & Long Term Disability
- 401K with company match after 90 days of service
- Holiday pay and paid time off
- Extensive Wellness Program and various Employee Discount Programs
- Personal Health Advocate
- Onsite Fitness Center
- Free soda, coffee, and drinks all day every day and much, much more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
If you are a current Extra Space employee, please apply through the "Find Internal Career Openings" in Workday.
Extra Space Storage is the second largest operator of self-storage facilities in the U.S. Since we were founded in 1977, we’ve taken the storage industry by storm. In 2015 alone we added 1.6 Billion dollars in new acquisitions to our already large property portfolio.
The cornerstone of Extra Space Storage is successful partnerships with our stakeholders, partners, investors and customers. Our goals are driven by an impassioned, dedicated workforce that thrives in the innovation driven corporate environment. We are the best, at getting better!
Our Team Makes Us EXTRAordinary
Knowledge is power and experience is valuable. This is why we strive to attract the best candidates for every position at Extra Space Storage. Every position is valuable to our success from our executive management team, corporate employees, on-site managers and call center team.
Offering a Career Path Paved with Innovation and Satisfaction
Attracting the best candidates in any field requires a commitment to job satisfaction. At Extra Space Storage, job satisfaction is high, this is why we have one of the best retention rates in the business. We know that our success depends on our team loving their jobs!
An Extra Space employee is number one valued and knows they are invaluable to the team, customer and company. Second they are passionate enjoying a challenging and rewarding career path armed with the tools they need to succeed. Add a fun work culture and spectacular offices makes Extra Space a pretty amazing place to work.