Product Operations Coordinator
The Product Operations Coordinator is the entry level position into Product Development at Extra Space Storage. In this role, you will support existing product managers in the implementation and ongoing support of products as well as work on product analytics to help determine product success, priorities, and overall strategy.
This role reports to a Sr. Product Manager and may have dotted line supporting others in the product team. The ideal candidate will bring enthusiasm for product success, a desire to make data driven decisions and an extreme attention to detail and organization.
While this role is largely tactical in nature, the ideal person will be able to influence strategic decisions through tactical learning and data.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure complete execution on implementation, release, and support details of products being supported by the specialist. This may include managing relationship with vendors, maintaining constant communication with stakeholders and business owners and becoming a subject matter expert on the operations of supported products.
- Work to continuously improve processes, methodologies, and other details around release and implementations.
- Provide to Product Managers continuous feedback on pain points, process, and resources required to manage and maintain deployed features
- Identify areas of opportunity to improve internal product adoption and cut maintenance costs
- Be analytical and data driven in understanding what is working, or not working, in any area of a product. Develop a cadence for reporting, measuring, and tracking product success and communicating these details consistently to product teams and elsewhere.
- Help Manage tools used by the product team, including licensure and standards.
- Participate in strategy and priority discussions with a focus on streamlining the day to day operations of a given product
- Be able to take direction from multiple people as well as be innovative and self-motivated, uncovering and solving problems that you encounter to add value and enhance the team.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience preferred
- Detail oriented, highly conscientious approach to problem solving and development.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced cross-functional team environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, willing to build strong relationships and establishing credibility with customers, analysts, user experience designers, engineering, and the management team.
- Technical background and the ability to quickly develop deep product understanding and communicate the business values in various manners to different business areas.
- Able to communicate in various channels including group presentations, written/white-paper format communications, not afraid to pick up the phone - yeah, we still have phones in our office.
- Familiarity with Aha!, Jira, Confluence, Adobe Illustrator is a plus. Must be fluent with MS products such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Any experience with research, surveys, or customer data collection is a plus
- Familiarity with Quantum Metric is a huge plus
- Familiarity with Agile development methodology
- Positive, high energy, emotionally intelligent. Bring your energy and add it to ours.
- Humble, willing to listen, eager to learn.
If you are a current Extra Space employee, please apply through the "Find Internal Career Openings" in Workday.
Extra Space Storage is the second largest operator of self-storage facilities in the U.S. Since we were founded in 1977, we’ve taken the storage industry by storm. In 2015 alone we added 1.6 Billion dollars in new acquisitions to our already large property portfolio.
The cornerstone of Extra Space Storage is successful partnerships with our stakeholders, partners, investors and customers. Our goals are driven by an impassioned, dedicated workforce that thrives in the innovation driven corporate environment. We are the best, at getting better!
Our Team Makes Us EXTRAordinary
Knowledge is power and experience is valuable. This is why we strive to attract the best candidates for every position at Extra Space Storage. Every position is valuable to our success from our executive management team, corporate employees, on-site managers and call center team.
Offering a Career Path Paved with Innovation and Satisfaction
Attracting the best candidates in any field requires a commitment to job satisfaction. At Extra Space Storage, job satisfaction is high, this is why we have one of the best retention rates in the business. We know that our success depends on our team loving their jobs!
An Extra Space employee is number one valued and knows they are invaluable to the team, customer and company. Second they are passionate enjoying a challenging and rewarding career path armed with the tools they need to succeed. Add a fun work culture and spectacular offices makes Extra Space a pretty amazing place to work.