- Partner with and manage cross-functional teams of internal stakeholders, vendors, and consultants to develop and deliver outcomes that meet success criteria.
- Manage projects and programs that increase efficiencies, expand innovation, training, and communications as required to support business requirements.
- Develop and manage program budgets and effective management strategies by leveraging technology, attention to detail, and innovation to ensure delivery of business requirements.
- Lead the management of capital enhancement projects and programs that impact properties or facility services across the nation.
- Provide effective cross-functional leadership and team management including the ability to organize and manage internal and external functional teams of design, technology, facilities, construction, and operations staff; external contractors and technical consultants, specializing in building maintenance, renovation and construction trades.
- Responsibilities include management of preliminary studies, testing and R&D of initial design concepts, scope development, budgeting, and aligning cross-functional teams on implementation strategies.
- Regular communication with key stakeholders, and management to update and align on project design, activities, and timelines.
- Assists in the preparation of documentation required for project approval by management.
- Prepares and administers project documentation; maintains and organizes capital project files; prepares capital project estimates and manages project budgets; bid proposals, contract administration and related activities; tracks budget expenditures and documentation in compliance with company policies.
- Develops and coordinates all program-related materials and activities working collaboratively with the Field Facility Services team and cross-functional partners to maintain strong communication and adjust as necessary to address program needs or opportunities effectively.
- Prepares and conducts periodic project presentations and update reports and may present periodic project reports to executive level management.
- Performs other facility-related program development and departmental duties as assigned.
- Ability to multitask and effectively execute several simultaneous national programs and initiatives at various stages of development and execution.
- Coordinates, plans, and evaluates projects and programs using accepted project management methodologies.
- Monitors and manages project quality to ensure project deliverables are acceptable and fulfill the terms of the project contract and specifications.
- Identifies potential project risks and difficulties and designs strategies to mitigate or avoid them.
- Communicates and explains project methodology and processes to stakeholders and team members, collects feedback for program enhancements and modifies or adjusts programs accordingly.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in business, construction, engineering, or related field preferred plus 5 years’ related experience or accredited education, training or an equivalent combination of education and experience considered.
- Working knowledge of project management discipline with emphasis in facility or construction trades with the ability to establish standards and evaluate quality of work in compliance with trade standards and building codes.
- Highly proficient in all current business software applications. Experience with project management software and computerized maintenance platforms a plus.
- Demonstrated excellence in organizational and time management skills with the ability to maintain a high degree of accuracy while setting own priorities to coordinate multiple assignments with fluctuating and time-sensitive deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality, judgment, and discretion including the ability to use tact, diplomacy, and professionalism to effectively handle a broad range of high level and sensitive interpersonal situations with diverse personalities, and to respond appropriately to conflicts and problems on a consistent and continuing basis.
If you are a current Extra Space employee, please apply through the "Find Internal Career Openings" in Workday.
Extra Space Storage is the second largest operator of self-storage facilities in the U.S. Since we were founded in 1977, we’ve taken the storage industry by storm. In 2015 alone we added 1.6 Billion dollars in new acquisitions to our already large property portfolio.
The cornerstone of Extra Space Storage is successful partnerships with our stakeholders, partners, investors and customers. Our goals are driven by an impassioned, dedicated workforce that thrives in the innovation driven corporate environment. We are the best, at getting better!
Our Team Makes Us EXTRAordinary
Knowledge is power and experience is valuable. This is why we strive to attract the best candidates for every position at Extra Space Storage. Every position is valuable to our success from our executive management team, corporate employees, on-site managers and call center team.
Offering a Career Path Paved with Innovation and Satisfaction
Attracting the best candidates in any field requires a commitment to job satisfaction. At Extra Space Storage, job satisfaction is high, this is why we have one of the best retention rates in the business. We know that our success depends on our team loving their jobs!
An Extra Space employee is number one valued and knows they are invaluable to the team, customer and company. Second they are passionate enjoying a challenging and rewarding career path armed with the tools they need to succeed. Add a fun work culture and spectacular offices makes Extra Space a pretty amazing place to work.