Fast-paced and collaborative company with over 1,400 stores (and growing) seeks career-oriented, success-driven, passionate, intelligent and fun Property Manager for challenges, success and career growth!
Does this sound to you like a great match? If so, we’re looking for YOU!
Is your enthusiasm and passion for helping people contagious? Why not bring them to a new workplace where you can really make your mark? If you enjoy working with other highly engaged people, a culture that embraces innovation, delivering world class customer service, and the opportunity to grow your career - then Extra Space Storage is the place for you!
At Extra Space Storage, the Property Manager is critical in creating a welcoming environment, creating the cleanest locations in the industry, and identifying customer needs and exceeding their expectations. Extra Space Storage seeks employees that have entrepreneurial, can-do, positive attitudes, adaptability to change, and integrity. If you possess these qualities and want to join a dynamic, growing organization, then we are excited to hear from you!
- The Property Manager works and directs Maintenance Workers at his/her site.
- The Property Manager manages and directs at least four or more other full-time employees at his or her site and possibly other sites within the district.
- The Property Manager will be expected to participate in the interviewing and the recommendation of hiring employees for his or her site. The Property Manager will partner with the District Manager to make recommendations for employees' career growth or any other performance related issues, including annual reviews.
- As a Property Manager you’ll work alongside your team to maximize sales objectives with each prospective customer via the phone, web or in person at your location.
- You will have the opportunity to recommend and implement marketing strategies based on competitor information and your own great ideas.
- Our team members consistently practice exceptional customer service by welcoming future and current customers in a friendly, enthusiastic and professional manner.
- Property Managers work with customers to identify their needs and provide solutions that will contribute to their storage experience.
- It is retail, so you will get the chance to sell/upsell high quality retail merchandise such as boxes, locks, tape and other moving supplies.
- Our team members enjoy working outdoors. When not taking care of customers in the office, our Store Managers spend approximately 50% of their time walking and tending to the property to ensure the facility is kept to the highest of cleanliness standards. This includes cleaning units, sweeping, mopping, changing light bulbs and other general maintenance duties.
- Successful Property Managers need to be able to perform at a high level without constant supervision, but also thrives in a team environment.
- Our customers are important. You will get to build a loyal customer base by creating great customer experiences and exceeding customer expectations.
- As a Property Manager you will manage the day to day operations of the business and provide mentoring opportunities with assistant managers.
- A High School diploma or GED equivalent
- Three years of related experience and/or training in direct sales, retail and/or customer service is required.
- Leadership skills and experience supervising others is also required.
- Preference is given for college work or degrees.
- Common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form and the ability to deal with problems, new challenges and change is necessary.
We are a dynamic growing company with competitive pay and benefits. We have a great culture and rewarding work environment with the opportunity for advancement.
Note: If you have experience working in any of the following areas, we encourage you to apply: retail, sales associate, customer service, retail jobs, assistant manager, retail sales, retail store, retail management, retail industry, 5 star customer service, sales.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
If you are a current Extra Space employee, please apply through the "Find Internal Career Openings" in Workday.
Extra Space Storage is the second largest operator of self-storage facilities in the U.S. Since we were founded in 1977, we’ve taken the storage industry by storm. In 2015 alone we added 1.6 Billion dollars in new acquisitions to our already large property portfolio.
The cornerstone of Extra Space Storage is successful partnerships with our stakeholders, partners, investors and customers. Our goals are driven by an impassioned, dedicated workforce that thrives in the innovation driven corporate environment. We are the best, at getting better!
Our Team Makes Us EXTRAordinary
Knowledge is power and experience is valuable. This is why we strive to attract the best candidates for every position at Extra Space Storage. Every position is valuable to our success from our executive management team, corporate employees, on-site managers and call center team.
Offering a Career Path Paved with Innovation and Satisfaction
Attracting the best candidates in any field requires a commitment to job satisfaction. At Extra Space Storage, job satisfaction is high, this is why we have one of the best retention rates in the business. We know that our success depends on our team loving their jobs!
An Extra Space employee is number one valued and knows they are invaluable to the team, customer and company. Second they are passionate enjoying a challenging and rewarding career path armed with the tools they need to succeed. Add a fun work culture and spectacular offices makes Extra Space a pretty amazing place to work.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: R-14974