It is a really exciting time to be at Extra Space Storage! We got our start in 1977. Today we are a New York Stock Exchange-traded company leading the self-storage industry in more ways than one. But in order to maintain this lead, we need exceptionally motivated, capable, and driven people like you. We offer a fast-paced collaborative environment where each of us directly contributes to the company’s success. Come join us and find out why Glassdoor has recognized Extra Space as one of the top 100 companies to work for!
We are currently hiring for a Recruiter at our corporate offices located in Salt Lake City, Utah. In this role, you will partner with business unit leaders & hiring managers to seek, assess & deliver highly engaged candidates; this includes on-boarding strategies, programs & processes.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the introduction, implementation & cultivation of high quality and innovative talent acquisition practices throughout the organization.
- Support introduction, development & promotion of targeted talent pipelines to deliver quality and quantity of desired candidates.
- Support introduction, development & promotion of talent acquisition strategies using proven methodologies and proactive internet social networking & sourcing tools.
- Assess and report detailed quality of hire, retention, & new hire metrics on a regular and ongoing basis; continually evaluate and refine recruiting processes to ensure maximum efficiency and optimal candidate experience.
- Educate, influence and build managers’ competency for assessing talent; provide coaching, guidance and steer as needed to all levels of the organization. Establish effective communication strategies to ensure appropriate flow of information as needed (candidates, hiring managers, internal HR).
- Support efforts regarding off-site recruiting activities including participation in job fairs, conferences & professional organizations. Cultivate partnerships to ensure time-to-fill metrics are achieved short-term & longer-term relationships are built.
- Maintain awareness of creative and innovative sourcing strategies and work closely with team to develop best approach for clients.
Education and/or Experience:
- 2+ years previous experience in recruiting/talent acquisition, preferably in a high growth environment
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- Must possess strong business acumen, with a track record of delivering results in a growth-oriented business environment
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office, Oracle HRIS, Applicant Tracking Systems, & automated recruiting tools and reporting mechanisms
- Excellent project and time management skills with the ability to multi-task and prioritize workload
- Proactively identify areas for improvement
- Full knowledge and understanding of employment law & practices
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Experience with direct & innovative recruiting methods, including sourcing strategies such as cold calling, leveraging competitive intelligence & resources, networking, data mining internet tools, web sites (including social networking sites)
- Demonstrated success in executing on recruiting and employment program strategies, policies & programs; extensive knowledge of direct, indirect, & creative sourcing methods and building passive candidate pools
- Experience using metrics to drive results
- Prefer candidate with experience working with behavioral based interviewing techniques
- Continuous improvement mindset; must remain aware of current thinking in field & look for ways to apply the latest best practices
- Ability to influence & interact successfully with all levels of the organization
- Creative problem solver and team player who thrives in a collaborative, multi-cultural environment
- Think strategically & execute tactically
We pride ourselves on hiring top talent and provide you the following benefits and more:
- Well defined career paths
- Qualify for Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits on Day 1
- Health Savings Account (HSA) or Flexible Spending (FSA)
- Company paid Life, AD&D, and Short & Long Term Disability
- 401K with company match after 90 days of service
- Holiday pay and paid time off
- Extensive Wellness Program and various Employee Discount Programs
- Personal Health Advocate
- On-site Fitness Center
- Free soda, coffee, and drinks all day every day and much, much more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
If you are a current Extra Space employee, please apply through the "Find Internal Career Openings" in Workday
Extra Space Storage is the second largest operator of self-storage facilities in the U.S. Since we were founded in 1977, we’ve taken the storage industry by storm. In 2015 alone we added 1.6 Billion dollars in new acquisitions to our already large property portfolio.
The cornerstone of Extra Space Storage is successful partnerships with our stakeholders, partners, investors and customers. Our goals are driven by an impassioned, dedicated workforce that thrives in the innovation driven corporate environment. We are the best, at getting better!
Our Team Makes Us EXTRAordinary
Knowledge is power and experience is valuable. This is why we strive to attract the best candidates for every position at Extra Space Storage. Every position is valuable to our success from our executive management team, corporate employees, on-site managers and call center team.
Offering a Career Path Paved with Innovation and Satisfaction
Attracting the best candidates in any field requires a commitment to job satisfaction. At Extra Space Storage, job satisfaction is high, this is why we have one of the best retention rates in the business. We know that our success depends on our team loving their jobs!
An Extra Space employee is number one valued and knows they are invaluable to the team, customer and company. Second they are passionate enjoying a challenging and rewarding career path armed with the tools they need to succeed. Add a fun work culture and spectacular offices makes Extra Space a pretty amazing place to work.