Recruiting Sourcing Specialist
It is a really exciting time to be at Extra Space Storage! We got our start in 1977. Today we are a New York Stock Exchange-traded company leading the self-storage industry in more ways than one. But in order to maintain this lead, we need exceptionally motivated, capable, and driven people like you. We offer a fast-paced collaborative environment where each of us directly contributes to the company’s success. Come join us and find out why Glassdoor recognized Extra Space Storage as one of their top 100 places to work in 2018!
We are currently hiring for a Recruiting Sourcing Specialist at our corporate offices located in Salt Lake City, Utah. In this position, you will conduct various recruiting processes and work closely with the Talent Acquisition team and our call center in order to complete recruiting functions. You will be responsible for identifying talent pools, building talent communities, partnering with hiring teams, and executing on pipeline goals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Leveraging multiple recruiting sources in addition to internet sourcing techniques to identify and connect with potential candidates.
- Responsible for executing search techniques to generate a pool of candidates necessary to staff open positions and create candidate pipelines for future needs
- Partner with Talent Acquisition Team to understand the talent needs of the business and create an effective search strategy to fill open positions and build candidate pipelines.
- Build relationships with potential candidates on a continual basis through e-mail, calls, and networking
- Generate leads through direct sourcing methods (cold calling, job boards, etc.)
- Source passive candidates through referrals, networking, internet searches, etc.
- Screen potential candidates for availability, interest level, salary range, relocation needs, etc.
- Maintain accurate and well-ordered documentation on all candidates, searches, and other recruiting activities
- Create reports on sourcing activity and communicate any relevant market information to Recruiter and or management
- Proactively conduct research to create sourcing strategies and candidate pipelines
- Support efforts regarding off-site recruiting activities including participation in job fairs, conferences & professional organizations. Cultivate partnerships to ensure time-to-fill metrics are achieved short-term & longer-term relationships are built.
Education and/or Experience:
- Minimum high school diploma or GED.
- A college degree or significant progress towards a college degree from an accredited institution is strongly preferred.
- Minimum 1-2 years of recruiting and/or sourcing experience in a business or professional environment.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office, Workday HCM, Applicant Tracking Systems, & automated recruiting tools and reporting mechanisms
- Excellent project and time management skills with the ability to multi-task and prioritize workload
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Experience with direct & innovative recruiting methods, including sourcing strategies such as cold calling, leveraging competitive intelligence & resources, networking, data mining internet tools, web sites (including social networking sites)
We pride ourselves on hiring top talent and provide you the following benefits and more:
- Well defined career paths
- Qualify for Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits on Day 1
- Health Savings Account (HSA) or Flexible Spending (FSA)
- Company paid Life, AD&D, and Short & Long Term Disability
- 401K with company match after 90 days of service
- Holiday pay and paid time off
- Extensive Wellness Program and various Employee Discount Programs
- Personal Health Advocate
- Onsite Fitness Center
- Free soda, coffee, and drinks all day every day and much, much more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
If you are a current Extra Space employee, please apply through the "Find Internal Career Openings" in Workday
Extra Space Storage is the second largest operator of self-storage facilities in the U.S. Since we were founded in 1977, we’ve taken the storage industry by storm. In 2015 alone we added 1.6 Billion dollars in new acquisitions to our already large property portfolio.
The cornerstone of Extra Space Storage is successful partnerships with our stakeholders, partners, investors and customers. Our goals are driven by an impassioned, dedicated workforce that thrives in the innovation driven corporate environment. We are the best, at getting better!
Our Team Makes Us EXTRAordinary
Knowledge is power and experience is valuable. This is why we strive to attract the best candidates for every position at Extra Space Storage. Every position is valuable to our success from our executive management team, corporate employees, on-site managers and call center team.
Offering a Career Path Paved with Innovation and Satisfaction
Attracting the best candidates in any field requires a commitment to job satisfaction. At Extra Space Storage, job satisfaction is high, this is why we have one of the best retention rates in the business. We know that our success depends on our team loving their jobs!
An Extra Space employee is number one valued and knows they are invaluable to the team, customer and company. Second they are passionate enjoying a challenging and rewarding career path armed with the tools they need to succeed. Add a fun work culture and spectacular offices makes Extra Space a pretty amazing place to work.