Regional Facilities Project Manager
At Extra Space Storage we offer a great company culture without the retail hours! Joining the S&P 500 in 2016, we lead the self-storage industry in more ways than one. We are the best at getting better and we are looking for exceptional employees to join our team as we continue to experience amazing growth.
"Our people are the lifeblood of Extra Space." -Joe Margolis, CEO of Extra Space Storage.
Extra Space Storage Culture Guide
The Regional Facilities Project Manager ensures the safety, security, and the condition of the Extra Space Storage portfolio remains the highest standards.
3+ years of related experience in multi-site facilities management and/or project management required. Trade knowledge and bachelor's degree are strongly preferred. Willingness and ability to travel up to 25%.
- Selects and supervises vendors and contractors.
- Develops scope of work documents for projects, solicits bids, supervises projects, ensures standards and results are achieved and closes out projects.
- Provides instruction on safety, security, and facility maintenance to operations staff.
- Maintains a high level of communication and follow-up both with leadership team, and store staff.
- Consolidates, communicates, and ensures successful resolution of all regional facility management issues.
- Working hand in hand with the Divisional Vice President and site staff, under direction of the Director of Facility Services, the Regional Facilities Project Manager oversees the successful execution of capital projects across 100+ stores ranging from $1,500 - $1 MM.
- Using computer systems in place, maintains current and accurate records in the tracking and accounting of all projects.
- Participates in the development of the annual facilities budget and five-year forecasting process.
- Reviews, tracks and approves work orders and invoices to ensure compliance with the company standards, policies, budgets and guidelines.
- Physically inspects property conditions on a per property-per district basis to ensure safety, security, and facility standards are maintained.
- Ensures expected results are delivered on time and within budget constraints.
- Understands all NYC regulations and Violations clearing processes
Travel is required (estimated at 25% but may be higher or lower due to portfolio needs).
If you are a current Extra Space employee, please apply through the "Find Internal Career Openings" in Workday.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.