Regional Facilities Specialist
The Regional Facilities Specialist provides project support to the field facility services team. Works closely with the director of facilities, and facility service managers to support the timely and effective completion of facility projects within the region. The Regional Facilities Specialist will be the first point of contact for internal and external customers seeking support and information from the facilities department. Under the supervision of the director of facilities, the specialist will provide project support to the department as directed including administration of tracking systems, vendor management, coding and approval of project invoices, contract administration, file maintenance and audit compliance. Assignments may include issuing purchase orders, database management, daily operations and scheduling, coordination of budgeting/accounting systems, maintaining office records, and providing general project support services for the department staff.
- Coordinate project activities including contract administration, purchase orders, vendor management, invoice approval, coding, and audit compliance.
- Integrate various schedules for project initiatives and competing priorities across the department, developing plans, and strategies for effective calendar management, meeting coordination, tracking deadlines and key dates for project completions and follow-up.
- Perform as required special projects or assignments which may require compiling data from various sources, contacting other companies or agencies, organizing details and events, researching data and information requirements, and preparing preliminary analysis and reporting, generating accurate and timely reports.
- Operates a variety of computer applications including word processing, spreadsheet, and database programs to produce a variety of documents including reports, charts, proposals, and spreadsheets with varying levels of complexity and output requirements.
- Exercises a high degree of confidentiality, judgment, and discretion including the ability to use tact, diplomacy, and professionalism to effectively handle a broad range of high-level sensitive information, including interpersonal situations with diverse personalities, and to respond appropriately to conflicts and problems on a consistent and continuing basis.
- Manage vendor administration, onboarding and compliance including insurance certificates, new vendor training, software system maintenance and compliance.
- Assists in the creation and consolidation of annual budgets as needed including executive summary reports.
- Creates and maintains database and spreadsheet files as needed to track progress against goals and compliance to policies.
- Maintains historical records and project completion requirements leveraging technology to verify project and site files contain appropriate audit and compliance records and legal documentation.
- Prepares memorandums, documents and reports outlining and explaining administrative procedures and policies and monitors compliance.
- Assists Facilities leadership with periodic report management functions including updating systems, creating and managing key monthly performance reports for the department.
- Must be able to handle multiple projects in a fast-paced, changing environment
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in business, facility or construction science or related field preferred.
- Minimum 2-3 years’ experience in facilities, purchasing, or construction services providing project support or similar purchasing coordination activities, and project management support functions.
- Demonstrated track record of providing effective partnerships and building trust for program support, passion for helping others and solving problems, with the ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality, judgment, and discretion in an executive office environment.
- Thorough knowledge of and strong skills in various computer applications including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and database program capabilities to figure out best approach for assigned projects.
If you are a current Extra Space employee, please apply through the "Find Internal Career Openings" in Workday.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: R-33797