Seasonal Tax Intern
It is an exciting time to be at Extra Space. We have been featured on multiple "Best Places to Work" awards, including Forbes and Glassdoor. We’re an S&P 500 company that hasn’t stopped growing since our founding in 1977. Today we are leading the self-storage industry in more ways than one, but in order to maintain this lead, we need exceptionally motivated, capable, and driven people like you. Self-storage is our product, helping people is our passion. Come grow with us and find out why so many of our employees recommend us as a great place to work.
We are currently hiring for a Seasonal Tax Intern for the upcoming tax filing season (January - April 2023) at our corporate offices located in Salt Lake City, Utah. In this role, you will help in the preparation and filing of Federal and State tax returns on behalf of the Company and its Joint Venture partnerships.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in the preparation of U.S. Federal & State income tax filings from beginning to end (i.e. tax planning, data collection, work-paper preparation and issue analysis, tax notices, tax estimates and extensions, return preparation, return processing and filing)
- Ability to recognize and analyze tax issues
- Become familiar with federal and state tax law changes and updates
- Become familiar with IRC sections and regulations
- Become familiar with generally accepted accounting principles and their application
Education and/or Experience:
- Projected Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field within two years; Successful completion of Introduction to Taxation Course is preferred
- A tactful, pro-active, and professional personality is required
- Excellent analytical, verbal, and written communication skills
- Highly motivated with confidence to independently address issues
- Ability to work under tight deadlines
- Demonstrate proficient knowledge of computer related skills and accounting systems, including Microsoft Word and Excel
We pride ourselves on hiring top talent and provide you the following benefits and more:
- Pay Range $20-$25 per hour
- Opportunity to work for a large public company
- Opportunity to gain relevant and hands-on tax experience
- Free soda, coffee, and drinks all day every day and much, much more!