Senior Corporate Recruiter
We are currently hiring for a Senior Corporate Recruiter at our corporate offices located in Salt Lake City, Utah. In this position, you will support our hiring in our SLC office. You will implement recruiting strategies to attract a strong pool of candidates from which the organization can select the best possible talent. This position is responsible for to recruit top level diverse talent using a cost competitive and innovative approach. Ensure compliance in all recruiting and hiring processes.
- Responsible for all corporate recruiting positions at Extra Space Storage and meet overall hiring commitments;
- Interface will all levels of management to support hiring needs;
- Serve as an expert on employment and recruiting practices by building strong relationships with various teams and hiring managers;
- Responsible for the management of the recruitment life cycle process from sourcing strategy through final selection of candidates, working as liaison between hiring managers, HR team, agencies, search firms and candidates;
- Subject matter expert on Applicant Tracking Systems (Workday is a plus).
- Engage all employees and managers in the continual search for talent.
- Ensure hiring manager and team preparedness during the interview process, and interviews are conducted efficiently and professionally;
- Negotiate offers by partnering with hiring manager, senior management, and other groups as necessary; be capable of analyzing candidate salary data against established compensation structure and internal equity;
- Continuous follow-up with management to confirm hiring plans and candidates needs are met;
- Be a proactive partner and trainer to all hiring managers ensuring that best practices for identifying, sourcing, recruiting, and hiring of the best qualified candidates is achieved for all open positions;
- Establish effective measurements to analyze cost of hire, cycle time to fill vacancies, diversity efforts, turnover, etc.
- Communicate professionally, tactfully, and with the utmost diplomacy at all times;
- Participate in relevant industry events and job fairs;
- Negotiate rates and markup conditions with temporary agencies and search firms to ensure we are positioned to meet the demands of both specialized and ramp-up hiring schedules;
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related discipline;
- 3+ years of Recruiting experience, corporate experience preferred;
- Exceptional Talent Sourcing Skills, including traditional advertising, resume databases and internet sourcing techniques to identify candidates;
- Strong ability to recognize candidate motivation and to present the Company's value proposition;
- Active and open net-worker in the social media space, with active profiles on Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.;
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills; must be an articulate and persuasive communicator;
- Knowledge of federal, state and local laws, statutes, etc. which govern employment policies and practices;
- Knowledge of compensation strategies and practices;
- Strong systems skills, including high proficiency in Outlook and proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and applicable Applicant Tracking Systems and databases (Workday experience a plus).
- Strong project management skills;
- Ability to work well under pressure;
- Ability to design and present new creative recruiting concepts;
- Ability to analyze problems, identify alternative solutions, project consequences of proposed actions, recommend best options and implement approved solutions in support of goals.
If you are a current Extra Space employee, please apply through the "Find Internal Career Openings" in Workday.
Extra Space Storage is the second largest operator of self-storage facilities in the U.S. Since we were founded in 1977, we’ve taken the storage industry by storm. In 2015 alone we added 1.6 Billion dollars in new acquisitions to our already large property portfolio.
The cornerstone of Extra Space Storage is successful partnerships with our stakeholders, partners, investors and customers. Our goals are driven by an impassioned, dedicated workforce that thrives in the innovation driven corporate environment. We are the best, at getting better!
Our Team Makes Us EXTRAordinary
Knowledge is power and experience is valuable. This is why we strive to attract the best candidates for every position at Extra Space Storage. Every position is valuable to our success from our executive management team, corporate employees, on-site managers and call center team.
Offering a Career Path Paved with Innovation and Satisfaction
Attracting the best candidates in any field requires a commitment to job satisfaction. At Extra Space Storage, job satisfaction is high, this is why we have one of the best retention rates in the business. We know that our success depends on our team loving their jobs!
An Extra Space employee is number one valued and knows they are invaluable to the team, customer and company. Second they are passionate enjoying a challenging and rewarding career path armed with the tools they need to succeed. Add a fun work culture and spectacular offices makes Extra Space a pretty amazing place to work.