Senior Director Call Center
We are currently hiring for a Senior Director for our national sales center . The incumbent directs all aspects of the national sales center, ensuring superior customer service to external and internal customers as well as maximizing all sales opportunities. Utilizes various analytics, reports and technologies to create, monitor, and attain national sales center goals. Leverages best-in-class partners to maximize the national sales center’s financial and technological efficiency. Meets regularly with Senior Management to review results and provide direction. Ability to rally, motivate and bring together employees from varied backgrounds working towards a common objective.
- Successfully manage a sales team, focused on handling customer needs and closing the sale.
- Collaborate effectively with online marketing, operations, revenue management and technology teams to maximize common financial and operational metrics and enhance service and inbound programs to achieve desired results.
- Meets regularly with Senior Management reporting on the development and progress toward national sales center goals, initiatives and operations.
- Hires and develops key staff members to strengthen the leadership team. Provides support and direction to these team members during their employment.
- Functions as a primary leader in the development and implementation of short-, mid- and long-term strategy for the national sales center as it pertains to helping EXR achieve its strategic objects. Establishes goals and is accountable for the execution.
- Determines effective staffing levels/schedules and workflow to ensure customer satisfaction while maintaining maximum productivity. Oversees scheduling and forecasting activities to ensure optimal performance and efficiency.
- Develops and monitors the NSC’s operating budget with P&L responsibility. Review center sales, call volumes, productivity levels, and expenses to ensure national sales center is operating within budgeted targets.
- Manages internal coordination and satisfaction between store operations and the national sales center.
- Establishes all performance goals at the team and individual level, measuring and communicating progress.
- Oversees training and development of call center personnel in order to meet strategic goals and positive operations.
- Develops and directs the ongoing maintenance of the call center’s Disaster Recovery Program.
- Maximize our customers’ experience to be the best in the industry via service calls with existing customers and close inbound sales calls and other digital leads.
- Well-versed in common, modern call center telecommunications systems with a desire to optimize these systems for efficiency and to implement future technologies, such as AI.
- Responsible for ensuring the national sales center remains in compliance with all current and future FCC/federal/state/municipality rules, regulations, and laws governing the operations performed at the national sales center. This may include, but not be limited to: PCI compliance, SPAM, privacy rules, (with support from the internal legal/compliance departments)
- Overnight travel required 10-15 nights per year
Education and Experience
- A Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from an accredited four-year college or university
- 5 to 7 seven years experience in a call center/inside/outside sales environment; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience with successfully managing a sales team with a proven history in driving a performance-based culture.
- History of managing a business unit of 50+ people
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
If you are a current Extra Space employee, please apply through the "Find Internal Career Openings" in Workday.
Extra Space Storage is the second largest operator of self-storage facilities in the U.S. Since we were founded in 1977, we’ve taken the storage industry by storm. In 2015 alone we added 1.6 Billion dollars in new acquisitions to our already large property portfolio.
The cornerstone of Extra Space Storage is successful partnerships with our stakeholders, partners, investors and customers. Our goals are driven by an impassioned, dedicated workforce that thrives in the innovation driven corporate environment. We are the best, at getting better!
Our Team Makes Us EXTRAordinary
Knowledge is power and experience is valuable. This is why we strive to attract the best candidates for every position at Extra Space Storage. Every position is valuable to our success from our executive management team, corporate employees, on-site managers and call center team.
Offering a Career Path Paved with Innovation and Satisfaction
Attracting the best candidates in any field requires a commitment to job satisfaction. At Extra Space Storage, job satisfaction is high, this is why we have one of the best retention rates in the business. We know that our success depends on our team loving their jobs!
An Extra Space employee is number one valued and knows they are invaluable to the team, customer and company. Second they are passionate enjoying a challenging and rewarding career path armed with the tools they need to succeed. Add a fun work culture and spectacular offices makes Extra Space a pretty amazing place to work.