Senior Software Engineer (Remote)
At Extra Space Storage, if it matters to you, it matters to us!
Extra Space Storage is hiring a Senior Software Engineer to be responsible for developing and maintaining key parts of our enterprise applications and services. Our responsibility is to provide 4000+ Extra Space Storage employees with applications to perform their daily duties including handling over $1 billion per year in revenue and serving over 1 million customers.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will work closely with your team members to deliver quality software products on time. Teams include a mix of software and quality engineers, and are supported by a business analyst, a product owner, and an engineering manager.
We follow agile development practices and release code to production weekly. Teams have detailed production monitoring tools to help us succeed in processing 16 million service calls per day (and growing!).
Senior Software Engineer Responsibilities:
We believe that impact and performance are more important than years of experience. While many senior engineers have been in the field 3-5 years, having an interest and ability to fulfill these responsibilities is paramount:
- Design, develop, test, and maintain enterprise-level applications and services
- Identify and implement engineering practices that increase production stability, scalability, and performance including cloud native and database optimization
- Comfortable with both collaborative and independent work
- Share technical expertise inside and outside your team
- Advance and expand your own technical skills along well-defined career paths
- Demonstrate a customer-oriented mindset through building software
If you have strong interest and experience in several of these technologies, or experience in similar technologies, we want to talk to you!
- Entity Framework
- SQL Server 2019
- .NET Framework migrating to .NET 5.0 (.NET Core)
- ASP.NET Web API
- AngularJS migrating to React
- CI/CD using TeamCity, Octopus
- Multi-environment deployment in AWS
Why Extra Space Storage?
- Well-defined career paths
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
- Health Savings Account (HSA) or Flexible Spending (FSA)
- Company paid Life, AD&D, and Short & Long-Term Disability
- 401K with company match after 90 days of service
- Holiday pay and paid time off
- Extensive Wellness Program and various Employee Discount Programs
- Personal Health Advocate
- Onsite Fitness Center
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
If you are a current Extra Space employee, please apply through the "Find Internal Career Openings" in Workday.
Extra Space Storage is the second largest operator of self-storage facilities in the U.S. Since we were founded in 1977, we’ve taken the storage industry by storm. In 2015 alone we added 1.6 billion dollars in new acquisitions to our already large property portfolio.
The cornerstone of Extra Space Storage is successful partnerships with our stakeholders, partners, investors and customers. Our goals are driven by an impassioned, dedicated workforce that thrives in the innovation-driven corporate environment. We are the best at getting better!
Our Team Makes Us EXTRAordinary
Knowledge is power and experience is valuable. This is why we strive to attract the best candidates for every position at Extra Space Storage. Every position is valuable to our success from our executive management team to corporate employees, on-site managers and our call center team.
Offering a Career Path Paved with Innovation and Satisfaction
Attracting the best candidates in any field requires a commitment to job satisfaction. At Extra Space Storage, job satisfaction is high, which is why we have one of the best retention rates in the business. We know that our success depends on our team loving their jobs!
An Extra Space employee is number-one valued and knows they are invaluable to the team, customer and company. They are also passionate and enjoy a challenging and rewarding career path armed with the tools they need to succeed. Add a fun work culture and spectacular offices and you’ll see why Extra Space is an amazing place to work.