Senior Web Developer
At Extra Space, we believe in a great company culture that provides our employees with all the support they need to succeed. Because we understand that we can’t continue to succeed unless our people love their jobs - day in, day out.
Since 2016, we have been a part of the S&P 500 and lead the self-storage industry in more ways than one. We are a leader in our industry and in order to maintain this lead, we need extraordinarily motivated, capable, and driven people like you. Come find out why Extra Space has been the recipient of one of the Best Places to Work, in 2018, according to Glassdoor.
Self-driven individual with a "get it done" mentality that has a passion for helping organizations solve complex business and technology problems. This person will build and deliver intelligent and robust solutions for Extra Space Storage as a Software Engineer in our Web Content Management System. The individual in this role will participate in technical requirements sessions and develop and document solutions built on and around Sitecore. A successful candidate will have a minimum of three years of relevant work experience, display a willingness to work on and around content management systems, and be adept at managing client expectations and maintaining scope according to defined requirements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Translate business requirements into well-architected solutions that best leverage the Sitecore platform
- Participate in technical design sessions; architect and document technical solutions that are aligned with client business objectives and Sitecore best practices.
- Ensure the technical feasibility of User Interface (UI)/User Experience (UX) designs
- Develop custom solutions and interfaces leveraging the Sitecore platform
- Manage technical scopes and client expectations
- Work with and extend existing code and applications to implement client requirements and remediation tasks
Education and/or Experience:
- 3+ years of Web Content Management System experience (Sitecore, SharePoint, Umbraco, etc)
- Minimum 4 years’ hands-on development experience using .NET (3.0/3.5/4.0/4.5+)
- Minimum 3 years hands-on experience in relational database design and development, preferable SQL Server 2005/2012/2014
- Willingness to work in a Content Management System environment
- Understanding of object-oriented design principles
- Familiarity with agile software delivery methodologies such as Scrum
- Experienced using team collaboration tools/source control programs, preferable GIT
- Experience using Continuous Integration Frameworks
We pride ourselves on hiring top talent and provide the following benefits and more:
- Well defined career paths
- Qualify for Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits on Day 1
- Health Savings Account (HSA) or Flexible Spending (FSA)
- Company paid Life, AD&D, and Short & Long Term Disability
- 401K with company match after 90 days of service
- Holiday pay and paid time off
- Extensive Wellness Program and various Employee Discount Programs
- Personal Health Advocate
- Onsite Fitness Center
- Free soda, coffee, and drinks all day every day and much, much more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
If you are a current Extra Space employee, please apply through the "Find Internal Career Openings" in Workday
Extra Space Storage is the second largest operator of self-storage facilities in the U.S. Since we were founded in 1977, we’ve taken the storage industry by storm. In 2015 alone we added 1.6 Billion dollars in new acquisitions to our already large property portfolio.
The cornerstone of Extra Space Storage is successful partnerships with our stakeholders, partners, investors and customers. Our goals are driven by an impassioned, dedicated workforce that thrives in the innovation driven corporate environment. We are the best, at getting better!
Our Team Makes Us EXTRAordinary
Knowledge is power and experience is valuable. This is why we strive to attract the best candidates for every position at Extra Space Storage. Every position is valuable to our success from our executive management team, corporate employees, on-site managers and call center team.
Offering a Career Path Paved with Innovation and Satisfaction
Attracting the best candidates in any field requires a commitment to job satisfaction. At Extra Space Storage, job satisfaction is high, this is why we have one of the best retention rates in the business. We know that our success depends on our team loving their jobs!
An Extra Space employee is number one valued and knows they are invaluable to the team, customer and company. Second they are passionate enjoying a challenging and rewarding career path armed with the tools they need to succeed. Add a fun work culture and spectacular offices makes Extra Space a pretty amazing place to work.