We are a leader in our industry and in order to maintain this lead, we need extraordinarily motivated, capable, and driven people like you. Come join us and find out why so many of our employees recommend us as an excellent place to work.
Since 2016, we have been a part of the S&P 500 and lead the self-storage industry in more ways than one. In 2018, we were a recipient of one of the Best Places to Work according to Glassdoor.
"Our people are the lifeblood of Extra Space." -Joe Margolis, CEO, Extra
- Do you consider yourself a forward-thinking SEO visionary?
- Do you have years of successes working with SEO that make you stand out from the rest of the SEO crowd?
- Do you have a firm grasp on optimizing: Local Search, Content, Technical, Social Media On-Page Elements?
- Can you convert data analysis into actionable SEO tasks?
If yes, you will love our fun and dynamic company culture! We want a high-energy and creative leader that brings amazing SEO talent and is ready to join our fast-growing Extra Space family. As our SEO Manager, you will spend your time creating strategies that improve the online presence of our 1,600 locations. We believe in quality over quantity and will look for a SEO Manager that understands a visitor that converts and has high LTV is most important. The perfect applicant will understand how CRO and CX are crucial parts to SEO success.
You will lead an already stellar team of professionals that together constitute most SEO Manager’s "dream team". You will manage your team and inspire them with forward thinking vision. You will grow Extra Space Storage’s online presence with integrity and using only best practices. The SEO Manager will work closely with other digital marketing teams collaborating and creating a broad approach to new customer acquisition. An outstanding manager is willing to accept that SEO is sometimes the highest priority and other times customer experience, or web optimization or paid efforts bring more to the business.
You must also be able to clearly explain to a web development team your needs and understand the technical components of SEO.
You will also need to have a keen eye for other teams/departments projects that may have an unexpected impact on SEO. While development duties are not required, it would be a huge benefit for the SEO Manager to have experience in developing websites, HTML, standard mark-up, etc. SEO disciplines overseen by this position include Technical SEO, Search Analytics (via Google Analytics 360), Content Marketing, Link Building and Local Search Optimization.
***All candidates must take and pass a SEO competency exam prior to interviewing for this position to be considered.
You must be authentic and collaborative with a general excitement to tell the story of your wins and losses to leadership and coworkers. Reporting and accountability is important in this role.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Create strategy for natural search growth and see strategy through execution
- Integrate SEO into other company and digital marketing initiatives.
- Test and measure results for new strategies.
- Understand and use basic marketing principals in strategies
- Understand and use technical website principals
- Understand and use industry standard SEO tools
- Interact with and report results to company leaders
- Lead a SEO team
- Finding vendors to supplement internal team efforts
- Manage SEO budget and set an annual budget based on SEO vision
Education and Experience
- Degree in Advertising, Communications, English, Journalism, Marketing, or related field
- 6+ years in SEO or related position either with an agency or for a single brand
We pride ourselves on hiring top talent and provide the following benefits and more:
- Well-defined career paths
- Qualify for Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits on Day 1
- Health Savings Account (HSA) or Flexible Spending (FSA)
- Company paid Life, AD&D, and Short & Long Term Disability
- 401K with company match after 90 days of service
- Holiday pay and paid time off
- Extensive Wellness Program and various Employee Discount Programs
- Personal Health Advocate
- Onsite Fitness Center
- Free soda, coffee, and drinks all day every day and much, much more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
If you are a current Extra Space employee, please apply through the "Find Internal Career Openings" in Workday
Extra Space Storage is the second largest operator of self-storage facilities in the U.S. Since we were founded in 1977, we’ve taken the storage industry by storm. In 2015 alone we added 1.6 Billion dollars in new acquisitions to our already large property portfolio.
The cornerstone of Extra Space Storage is successful partnerships with our stakeholders, partners, investors and customers. Our goals are driven by an impassioned, dedicated workforce that thrives in the innovation driven corporate environment. We are the best, at getting better!
Our Team Makes Us EXTRAordinary
Knowledge is power and experience is valuable. This is why we strive to attract the best candidates for every position at Extra Space Storage. Every position is valuable to our success from our executive management team, corporate employees, on-site managers and call center team.
Offering a Career Path Paved with Innovation and Satisfaction
Attracting the best candidates in any field requires a commitment to job satisfaction. At Extra Space Storage, job satisfaction is high, this is why we have one of the best retention rates in the business. We know that our success depends on our team loving their jobs!
An Extra Space employee is number one valued and knows they are invaluable to the team, customer and company. Second they are passionate enjoying a challenging and rewarding career path armed with the tools they need to succeed. Add a fun work culture and spectacular offices makes Extra Space a pretty amazing place to work.