We are a leader in our industry and in order to maintain this lead, we need extraordinarily motivated, capable, and driven people like you. Come join us and find out why so many of our employees recommend us as an excellent place to work.
Since 2016, we have been a part of the S&P 500 and lead the self-storage industry in more ways than one. In 2018, we were a recipient of one of the Best Places to Work according to Glassdoor.
We are currently hiring for a Full Time SEO & Link Acquisition Specialist at our corporate offices located in Salt Lake City, Utah who will focus on a range of SEO aspects. This position will be responsible for analyzing website structure, optimizing a search engine’s view of our websites, and reporting internally on SEO related results. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who has web development, website analytics, link building, and other technical SEO experience.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Work with the SEO team to create a process for link building & reclamation
- Research opportunities
- Organized, consistent and methodical outreach
- Localized Citations
- Provide internal linking and site structure recommendations
- Collaborate with our content team to identify low-performing content and optimize
- Research and evaluate new types of search landscapes (voice, image, video, etc.)
- Execute A/B user tests, collect and analyze data and results
- Conduct inbound link audits & recommendations
- Identify and analyze keywords and SEO techniques used by competitors
- Discover & research featured snippet & other SERP feature opportunities
- Competitor analysis
- Identify, recommend and implement on-page and off-page SEO strategies
- Run technical audits to find opportunities in site architecture and other components of crawling and indexing performance (Meta, Schema, Canonicalization, URL Structure, Error Pages)
Education and/or Experience:
- A Bachelor’s or Associate’s Degree, or a current student in their final year in pursuit of a Bachelor’s/Associate’s Degree, preferably related to Website Development, IT, Mathematics, or Statistics
- 3-5 years’ experience in this or a closely related field that would’ve provide direct exposure to/interaction with a similar position.
- Prior experience/certifications in Google Analytics and Adobe Analytics
- In lieu of a Bachelor’s or Associates degree, someone with 5+ years in technical SEO and/or web development may be considered upon passing a general SEO competency exam.
- Excellent written communication skills
- Ability and willingness to present results confidently to groups of 12-20 people on a regular basis.
- Highly detail-oriented individual, driven by results, who can manage multiple projects and tasks in a fast-paced environment
We pride ourselves on hiring top talent and provide the following benefits and more:
- Well defined career paths
- Qualify for Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits on Day 1
- Health Savings Account (HSA) or Flexible Spending (FSA)
- Company paid Life, AD&D, and Short & Long Term Disability
- 401K with company match after 90 days of service
- Holiday pay and paid time off
- Extensive Wellness Program and various Employee Discount Programs
- Personal Health Advocate
- Onsite Fitness Center
- Free soda, coffee, and drinks all day every day and much, much more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
If you are a current Extra Space employee, please apply through the "Find Internal Career Openings" in Workday.
Extra Space Storage is the second largest operator of self-storage facilities in the U.S. Since we were founded in 1977, we’ve taken the storage industry by storm. In 2015 alone we added 1.6 Billion dollars in new acquisitions to our already large property portfolio.
The cornerstone of Extra Space Storage is successful partnerships with our stakeholders, partners, investors and customers. Our goals are driven by an impassioned, dedicated workforce that thrives in the innovation driven corporate environment. We are the best, at getting better!
Our Team Makes Us EXTRAordinary
Knowledge is power and experience is valuable. This is why we strive to attract the best candidates for every position at Extra Space Storage. Every position is valuable to our success from our executive management team, corporate employees, on-site managers and call center team.
Offering a Career Path Paved with Innovation and Satisfaction
Attracting the best candidates in any field requires a commitment to job satisfaction. At Extra Space Storage, job satisfaction is high, this is why we have one of the best retention rates in the business. We know that our success depends on our team loving their jobs!
An Extra Space employee is number one valued and knows they are invaluable to the team, customer and company. Second they are passionate enjoying a challenging and rewarding career path armed with the tools they need to succeed. Add a fun work culture and spectacular offices makes Extra Space a pretty amazing place to work.