SEO Technical Specialist
It is a really exciting time to be at Extra Space Storage! We got our start in 1977. Today we are a New York Stock Exchange-traded company, leading the self-storage industry in more ways than one. But in order to maintain this lead, we need exceptionally motivated, capable, and driven people like you. As Utah's largest company, by market share, we offer a fast-paced collaborative environment where each of us directly contributes to the company’s success. Come join us and find out why Glassdoor recognized Extra Space as one of their top 100 companies to work for in 2018!
We are currently hiring for a Full Time Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Specialist at our corporate offices located in Salt Lake City, Utah who will focus on the technical aspects of SEO. This position will be responsible for analyzing website structure, optimizing a search engine’s view of our websites, optimizing schema, managing Google and Adobe Analytics platforms with existing data management personnel, monitor off-website elements that impact our performance in SERPs. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who has web development, website analytics, and other technical SEO experience.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Conduct website audits and prepare recommendations
- Conduct inbound link audits and prepare recommendations
- Conduct schema audits and prepare recommendations
- Be aware of trends in SEO and ensure website is prepared to dominate future SERPs, regardless of the algorithm updates search engines deploy
- Manage SEO dashboards, views, filters, etc. in both Google and Adobe analytics.
Education and Experience
- A Bachelor’s or Associate’s Degree, or a current student in their final year in pursuit of a Bachelor’s/Associate’s Degree, preferably related to Website Development, IT, Mathematics, or Statistics
- 3-5 years’ experience in this or a closely related field that would’ve provide direct exposure to/interaction with a similar position
- Prior experience/certifications in Google Analytics and Adobe Analytics
- In lieu of a Bachelor’s or Associate's degree, someone with 5+ years in technical SEO and/or web development may be considered upon passing a general SEO competency exam.
- Excellent written communication skills
- Ability and willingness to present results confidently to groups of 12-20 people on a regular basis.
- Highly detail-oriented individual, driven by results, who can manage multiple projects and tasks in a fast-paced environment
We pride ourselves on hiring top talent and provide the following benefits and more:
- Well defined career paths
- Qualify for Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits on Day 1
- Health Savings Account (HSA) or Flexible Spending (FSA)
- Company paid Life, AD&D, and Short & Long Term Disability
- 401K with company match after 90 days of service
- Holiday pay and paid time off
- Extensive Wellness Program and various Employee Discount Programs
- Personal Health Advocate
- Onsite Fitness Center
- Free soda, coffee, and drinks all day every day and much, much more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
If you are a current Extra Space employee, please apply through the "Find Internal Career Openings" in Workday
Extra Space Storage is the second largest operator of self-storage facilities in the U.S. Since we were founded in 1977, we’ve taken the storage industry by storm. In 2015 alone we added 1.6 Billion dollars in new acquisitions to our already large property portfolio.
The cornerstone of Extra Space Storage is successful partnerships with our stakeholders, partners, investors and customers. Our goals are driven by an impassioned, dedicated workforce that thrives in the innovation driven corporate environment. We are the best, at getting better!
Our Team Makes Us EXTRAordinary
Knowledge is power and experience is valuable. This is why we strive to attract the best candidates for every position at Extra Space Storage. Every position is valuable to our success from our executive management team, corporate employees, on-site managers and call center team.
Offering a Career Path Paved with Innovation and Satisfaction
Attracting the best candidates in any field requires a commitment to job satisfaction. At Extra Space Storage, job satisfaction is high, this is why we have one of the best retention rates in the business. We know that our success depends on our team loving their jobs!
An Extra Space employee is number one valued and knows they are invaluable to the team, customer and company. Second they are passionate enjoying a challenging and rewarding career path armed with the tools they need to succeed. Add a fun work culture and spectacular offices makes Extra Space a pretty amazing place to work.