National Sales Center Service Manager
It is a really exciting time to be at Extra Space Storage! We got our start in 1977. Today we are a New York Stock Exchange-traded company leading the self-storage industry in more ways than one. But in order to maintain this lead, we need exceptionally motivated, capable, and driven people like you. We offer a fast-paced collaborative environment where each of us directly contributes to the company’s success. Come join us and find out why so many of our employees recommend us as a great place to work.
We are looking for a Service Manager for our 100+ employee call center. The Service Manager will lead a team of service agents and a service team lead. We are a growing, results oriented company with great pay, benefits, and opportunity. Those that will shine here feel comfortable being persistent but not pushy, can inspire and provide regular coaching, are confident and can bring a high level of positive energy every day.
An ideal background:
The Service Manager will have a proven track record of success in leading a team, resolving customer issues and the ability to coach others to do the same. An ideal applicant will have a college degree or equivalent experience (preferably marketing or Business Management). A great Service Manager can identify trends in data and can then provide direction for their team and the floor based on those trends. Must be self-directed, detail oriented, have a positive attitude, driven, and able to work independently in a team-oriented and fast-paced environment
Who you need to be:
A great Service Manager at Extra Space is innovative and thrives in a changing environment. They are able to motivate service agents in a potentially high stress, fast paced environment.
What you primarily do in this position:
- Create and maintain an environment with an intense focus on customer satisfaction and professional customer support balanced with consistent achievement of standard business objectives.
- Provide first-level assistance by answering questions, provide suggestions for improvement, and assist with difficult calls or problems
- Mentor, motivate and develop the customer service team. Provide coaching and training to employees, both initially and ongoing, and provide constructive feedback for continual improvement
- Work with quality assurance to ensure proper coaching and agent performance. Provide supervisor quality scores for each team member on a monthly basis.
- Use data to identify trends and opportunities regarding business policies, propose improvements and help implement solutions.
- Work with cross functional partners to ensure collaboration and consistency are maintained
- Manage service team lead and a dedicated group of agents.
- Monitor team’s performance on KPIs, identify additional success factors and the ability to hold team members accountable towards those goals.
- Expert in company’s site operation’s policy & procedures
- Oversee all real-time and intra-day activities to ensure service goals are met
- Supervise and oversee day-to-day operations of both the service team and the entire call center
- Evaluate and recommend methods for improvement of practices
- Collaborate with management to streamline business unit processes
- Liaison between NSC and various business departments within Extra Space Storage
- Manage and Develop ongoing service projects within the NSC
- Identify training gaps and opportunities, collaborate with NSC Learning Manager and create training independently
- Resolve personnel issues and escalate to proper administration as needed
- Assist with special projects and other duties as assigned
- Interview and screen for Service Representative positions
- Monitor attendance and productivity of NSC employees
- Manage and approve agent payroll
- Occasional travel required
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
If you are a current Extra Space employee, please apply through the "Find Internal Career Openings" in Workday.
Extra Space Storage is the second largest operator of self-storage facilities in the U.S. Since we were founded in 1977, we’ve taken the storage industry by storm. In 2015 alone we added 1.6 Billion dollars in new acquisitions to our already large property portfolio.
The cornerstone of Extra Space Storage is successful partnerships with our stakeholders, partners, investors and customers. Our goals are driven by an impassioned, dedicated workforce that thrives in the innovation driven corporate environment. We are the best, at getting better!
Our Team Makes Us EXTRAordinary
Knowledge is power and experience is valuable. This is why we strive to attract the best candidates for every position at Extra Space Storage. Every position is valuable to our success from our executive management team, corporate employees, on-site managers and call center team.
Offering a Career Path Paved with Innovation and Satisfaction
Attracting the best candidates in any field requires a commitment to job satisfaction. At Extra Space Storage, job satisfaction is high, this is why we have one of the best retention rates in the business. We know that our success depends on our team loving their jobs!
An Extra Space employee is number one valued and knows they are invaluable to the team, customer and company. Second they are passionate enjoying a challenging and rewarding career path armed with the tools they need to succeed. Add a fun work culture and spectacular offices makes Extra Space a pretty amazing place to work.