Software Development Manager
We are a leader in our industry and in order to maintain this lead, we need extraordinarily motivated, capable, and driven people like you. Come join us and find out why so many of our employees recommend us as an excellent place to work.
Since 2016, we have been a part of the S&P 500 and lead the self-storage industry in more ways than one. In 2018, we were a recipient of one of the Best Places to Work according to Glassdoor.
"Our people are the lifeblood of Extra Space." -Joe Margolis, CEO, Extra
We are currently seeking a Software Development Manager at our corporate offices located in Salt Lake City, Utah. In this role, you will manage approximately 5 to 10 technical professionals including software engineers, business analysts, and/or quality assurance engineers. The manager works closely with the product owner, application architect, and other technical leads to deliver enterprise-level applications and services.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the success of direct reports across multiple technical skill sets
- Collaborates with other managers and team leads to ensure successful delivery of multi-team projects
- Leads and models the daily application of agile software development processes
- Fosters long-term professional and career growth of direct reports and other team members
- Contributes in staffing decisions
- Communicates task and project status to stakeholders
- May complete individual development tasks or proof of concept work
- 7+ years of relevant experience
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent work experience
- Methodologies: Test driven development, scrum and agile processes
- Effective communicator, positive attitude, dedicated, team player
- Target technologies: ASP.NET, C#, Object-Oriented Programming, Web Services, SQL Server, ASP.NET Web API, Entity Framework, OAuth 2.0, Unit Testing, AngularJS, and AWS platforms including SQS, SNS, SWF, S3 and RDS
We pride ourselves on hiring top talent and provide the following benefits and more:
- Well defined career paths
- Qualify for Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits on Day 1
- Health Savings Account (HSA) or Flexible Spending (FSA)
- Company paid Life, AD&D, and Short & Long Term Disability
- 401K with company match after 90 days of service
- Holiday pay and paid time off
- Extensive Wellness Program and various Employee Discount Programs
- Personal Health Advocate
- Onsite Fitness Center
- Free soda, coffee, and drinks all day every day and much, much more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
If you are a current Extra Space employee, please apply through the "Find Internal Career Openings" in Workday
Extra Space Storage is the second largest operator of self-storage facilities in the U.S. Since we were founded in 1977, we’ve taken the storage industry by storm. In 2015 alone we added 1.6 Billion dollars in new acquisitions to our already large property portfolio.
The cornerstone of Extra Space Storage is successful partnerships with our stakeholders, partners, investors and customers. Our goals are driven by an impassioned, dedicated workforce that thrives in the innovation driven corporate environment. We are the best, at getting better!
Our Team Makes Us EXTRAordinary
Knowledge is power and experience is valuable. This is why we strive to attract the best candidates for every position at Extra Space Storage. Every position is valuable to our success from our executive management team, corporate employees, on-site managers and call center team.
Offering a Career Path Paved with Innovation and Satisfaction
Attracting the best candidates in any field requires a commitment to job satisfaction. At Extra Space Storage, job satisfaction is high, this is why we have one of the best retention rates in the business. We know that our success depends on our team loving their jobs!
An Extra Space employee is number one valued and knows they are invaluable to the team, customer and company. Second they are passionate enjoying a challenging and rewarding career path armed with the tools they need to succeed. Add a fun work culture and spectacular offices makes Extra Space a pretty amazing place to work.