It is an exciting time to be at Extra Space Storage! We got our start in 1977. Today we are a New York Stock Exchange-traded company leading the self-storage industry in more ways than one. But in order to maintain this lead, we need exceptionally motivated, capable, and driven people like you. We offer a fast-paced collaborative environment where each of us directly contributes to the company’s success. Come join us and find out why Glassdoor recognized Extra Space Storage as one of the top 100 places to work in 2018!
We are currently seeking a Software Engineer at our corporate offices located in Salt Lake City, Utah. In this role, you will be an individual contributor on a team of software and quality engineers and business analysts, reporting to a software development manager.
In this specific position, you’ll work on a web-based application that supports our primary business operations and is used by our store managers across the country. The Angular application sits on top of a Web API service layer written in C# and organized by business domain with most data stored in a relational database. All application components are hosted and use a variety of services on AWS. The application’s service-oriented design represents a major multi-year commitment for the company, and it will be the foundation of future applications and product innovation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Contributes individually to writing and maintaining code to defined requirements and quality standards
- Participates in user story writing and software design
- Follows technical plans and implementation details established by the team
- Collaborates with other software engineers and managers, technical leads, and developers to ensure successful delivery of software projects
- Development experience on a company-wide or enterprise application
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field, or equivalent work experience
- Effective communicator, positive attitude, a dedicated team player
- Target technologies: C#, SQL Server, ASP.NET Web API, AngularJS, Entity Framework
- Platforms and paradigms: Service-oriented architecture, automated testing and deployment, and AWS platforms including SQS, SNS, SWF, S3 and RDS
We pride ourselves on hiring top talent and provide the following benefits and more:
- Well-defined career paths
- Qualify for Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits on Day 1
- Health Savings Account (HSA) or Flexible Spending (FSA)
- Company paid Life, AD&D, and Short & Long Term Disability
- 401K with company match after 90 days of service
- Holiday pay and paid time off
- Extensive Wellness Program and various Employee Discount Programs
- Personal Health Advocate
- Onsite Fitness Center
- Free soda, coffee, and drinks all day every day and much, much more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
If you are a current Extra Space employee, please apply through the "Find Internal Career Openings" in Workday.
Extra Space Storage is the second largest operator of self-storage facilities in the U.S. Since we were founded in 1977, we’ve taken the storage industry by storm. In 2015 alone we added 1.6 Billion dollars in new acquisitions to our already large property portfolio.
The cornerstone of Extra Space Storage is successful partnerships with our stakeholders, partners, investors and customers. Our goals are driven by an impassioned, dedicated workforce that thrives in the innovation driven corporate environment. We are the best, at getting better!
Our Team Makes Us EXTRAordinary
Knowledge is power and experience is valuable. This is why we strive to attract the best candidates for every position at Extra Space Storage. Every position is valuable to our success from our executive management team, corporate employees, on-site managers and call center team.
Offering a Career Path Paved with Innovation and Satisfaction
Attracting the best candidates in any field requires a commitment to job satisfaction. At Extra Space Storage, job satisfaction is high, this is why we have one of the best retention rates in the business. We know that our success depends on our team loving their jobs!
An Extra Space employee is number one valued and knows they are invaluable to the team, customer and company. Second they are passionate enjoying a challenging and rewarding career path armed with the tools they need to succeed. Add a fun work culture and spectacular offices makes Extra Space a pretty amazing place to work.