It is an exciting time to be at Extra Space Storage! We got our start in 1977. Today we are a New York Stock Exchange-traded company and a member of the S&P 500, leading the self-storage industry in more ways than one.
In order to maintain this lead, we need exceptionally motivated, capable, and driven people like you. We offer a fast-paced collaborative environment where each of us directly contributes to the company’s success. Come join us and find out why so many of our employees recommend us as a great place to work.
We’re seeking a Software Engineer for a new mobile development team. The team includes native mobile developers, a Quality Engineer and Business Analyst and is responsible for delivering native apps that enhance the customer experience. As a software engineer on the team, you will have the unique opportunity of helping build and customize APIs that power the mobile apps using primarily the Microsoft development stack and AWS. You will also have opportunities to work on the mobile app itself and contribute to a talented agile engineering team with your own creativity, expertise and passion. This is a permanent, full-time position.
- 3+ years of relevant experience
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent work experience
- Required skills: REST APIs/WebAPI, ASP.NET, C#, Object-Oriented Programming, SQL Server
- Desired skills: Amazon Web Services (AWS), native mobile (iOS/Android), NodeJS, automated testing
- Experience with Service-Oriented Architecture
- Effective communicator, positive attitude, dedicated, team player
- Support the entire application lifecycle
- Contribute in designing, testing, releasing and application support
- Write clean and sustainable code that can be used in the future
- Write automated tests to ensure high quality
- Troubleshoot and debug to optimize performance
- Stay up to date with new technology and best practices related to APIs and mobile development
If you are a current Extra Space employee, please apply through the "Find Internal Career Openings" in Workday.
Extra Space Storage is the second largest operator of self-storage facilities in the U.S. Since we were founded in 1977, we’ve taken the storage industry by storm. In 2015 alone we added 1.6 Billion dollars in new acquisitions to our already large property portfolio.
The cornerstone of Extra Space Storage is successful partnerships with our stakeholders, partners, investors and customers. Our goals are driven by an impassioned, dedicated workforce that thrives in the innovation driven corporate environment. We are the best, at getting better!
Our Team Makes Us EXTRAordinary
Knowledge is power and experience is valuable. This is why we strive to attract the best candidates for every position at Extra Space Storage. Every position is valuable to our success from our executive management team, corporate employees, on-site managers and call center team.
Offering a Career Path Paved with Innovation and Satisfaction
Attracting the best candidates in any field requires a commitment to job satisfaction. At Extra Space Storage, job satisfaction is high, this is why we have one of the best retention rates in the business. We know that our success depends on our team loving their jobs!
An Extra Space employee is number one valued and knows they are invaluable to the team, customer and company. Second they are passionate enjoying a challenging and rewarding career path armed with the tools they need to succeed. Add a fun work culture and spectacular offices makes Extra Space a pretty amazing place to work.