Extra Space is looking for a self-driven individual that has a passion for helping organizations solve complex business and technology problems. This person will build and deliver intelligent and robust solutions for Extra Space Storage as a Mid or Senior Software Engineer on our Web Development team. The individual in this role will participate in technical requirements sessions and develop and document solutions built on React, .NET, and a content management system. A successful candidate will have a minimum of three years of relevant work experience, demonstrate skill with front-end development and modern JS frameworks, and be adept at managing client expectations and maintaining scope according to defined requirements.
- Translate business requirements into well-architected solutions that support customer acquisition on a public e-commerce web site
- Develop performant and elegant solutions to enhance extraspace.com
- Participate in technical design sessions; architect and document technical solutions that are aligned with client business objectives and software development best practices
- Ensure the technical feasibility of User Interface (UI)/User Experience (UX) designs
- Manage technical scopes and client expectations
- Work with and extend existing code and applications to implement client requirements and remediation tasks
- Understanding of object-oriented design principles
- Experience working with agile software delivery methodologies such as Scrum
- Experienced using team collaboration tools/source control programs, preferable GIT
- CSS and front-end development experience strongly preferred
- Experience with mobile-first responsive design
- Unit testing experience
- Experience with Next.js framework and/or server side rendering
- Experience in relational database design and development, preferable SQL Server 2005/2012/2014
- Hands-on development experience using .NET (3.0/3.5/4.0/4.5+)
- Strong background in design and development of enterprise systems as part of a complete software product lifecycle
- Experience with Content Management Systems
- Experience with MVC
- Experience using Continuous Integration Frameworks
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
If you are a current Extra Space employee, please apply through the "Find Internal Career Openings" in Workday.
Extra Space Storage is the second largest operator of self-storage facilities in the U.S. Since we were founded in 1977, we’ve taken the storage industry by storm. In 2015 alone we added 1.6 Billion dollars in new acquisitions to our already large property portfolio.
The cornerstone of Extra Space Storage is successful partnerships with our stakeholders, partners, investors and customers. Our goals are driven by an impassioned, dedicated workforce that thrives in the innovation driven corporate environment. We are the best, at getting better!
Our Team Makes Us EXTRAordinary
Knowledge is power and experience is valuable. This is why we strive to attract the best candidates for every position at Extra Space Storage. Every position is valuable to our success from our executive management team, corporate employees, on-site managers and call center team.
Offering a Career Path Paved with Innovation and Satisfaction
Attracting the best candidates in any field requires a commitment to job satisfaction. At Extra Space Storage, job satisfaction is high, this is why we have one of the best retention rates in the business. We know that our success depends on our team loving their jobs!
An Extra Space employee is number one valued and knows they are invaluable to the team, customer and company. Second they are passionate enjoying a challenging and rewarding career path armed with the tools they need to succeed. Add a fun work culture and spectacular offices makes Extra Space a pretty amazing place to work.