It is a really exciting time to be at Extra Space Storage! We got our start in 1977. Today we are a New York Stock Exchange-traded company leading the self-storage industry in more ways than one. But in order to maintain this lead, we need exceptionally motivated, capable, and driven people like you. We offer a fast-paced collaborative environment where each of us directly contributes to the company’s success. Come join us and find out why Glassdoor recognized Extra Space as one of their top 100 places to work in 2018!
We’re currently seeking a full-time Software Engineer to help us build, maintain, monitor, and support applications in the .NET stack. In this position, you will have a chance to work on several enterprise .NET applications hosted in the AWS and Azure cloud environments. You’ll be working with other developers, architects, DevOps, and QA teams using Agile practices. Bring your existing full-stack knowledge and a desire to grow your skills in public cloud hosting and infrastructure. AWS experience is a plus, but not required. We are looking for a full-stack software engineer that has a desire to expand their knowledge in the growing DevOps and Cloud Operations fields.
- 3-5+ years of relevant experience
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent work experience
- Required skills: ASP.NET, C#, Object-Oriented Programming, Web Services, SQL Server
- Desired skills: ASP.NET WebAPI, Entity Framework, OAuth 2.0, Unit Testing, SSRS, Angular
- Desired AWS skills: Lambda, API Gateway, SWF, SQS, RDS
- Experience with Service-Oriented Architecture
- Effective communicator, positive attitude, dedicated, team player
- Experience in Domain-Driven Design and application design patterns
- Experience using CI/CD pipeline (Git/TeamCity/Chef/Octopus/VSTS/Azure Devops)
- A strong desire to continually gain new skills and learn new technologies
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Analyzing, troubleshooting, and optimizing large-scale distributed systems in the public cloud
- Scale systems sustainably through mechanisms like automation and evolve systems by pushing for changes that improve reliability and velocity
- Development of tooling software to support other software development teams
- Improve and maintain monitoring and logging solutions that measure availability, latency and overall system health of production systems
- Provision and manage cloud Infrastructure through automation and infrastructure as code
- Restore healthy operation of applications and services through sustainable incident response and blameless postmortems
- Follow and monitor security and compliance best practices
- Configuration and management of continuous integration pipeline and release automation
- Building and deploying infrastructure in public cloud platforms such as AWS and/or Azure
We pride ourselves on hiring top talent and provide the following benefits and more:
- Well defined career paths
- Qualify for Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits on Day 1
- Health Savings Account (HSA) or Flexible Spending (FSA)
- Company paid Life, AD&D, and Short & Long Term Disability
- 401K with company match after 90 days of service
- Holiday pay and paid time off
- Extensive Wellness Program and various Employee Discount Programs
- Personal Health Advocate
- On-site Fitness Center
- Free soda, coffee, and drinks all day every day and much, much more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
If you are a current Extra Space employee, please apply through the "Find Internal Career Openings" in Workday
Extra Space Storage is the second largest operator of self-storage facilities in the U.S. Since we were founded in 1977, we’ve taken the storage industry by storm. In 2015 alone we added 1.6 Billion dollars in new acquisitions to our already large property portfolio.
The cornerstone of Extra Space Storage is successful partnerships with our stakeholders, partners, investors and customers. Our goals are driven by an impassioned, dedicated workforce that thrives in the innovation driven corporate environment. We are the best, at getting better!
Our Team Makes Us EXTRAordinary
Knowledge is power and experience is valuable. This is why we strive to attract the best candidates for every position at Extra Space Storage. Every position is valuable to our success from our executive management team, corporate employees, on-site managers and call center team.
Offering a Career Path Paved with Innovation and Satisfaction
Attracting the best candidates in any field requires a commitment to job satisfaction. At Extra Space Storage, job satisfaction is high, this is why we have one of the best retention rates in the business. We know that our success depends on our team loving their jobs!
An Extra Space employee is number one valued and knows they are invaluable to the team, customer and company. Second they are passionate enjoying a challenging and rewarding career path armed with the tools they need to succeed. Add a fun work culture and spectacular offices makes Extra Space a pretty amazing place to work.