Sr. Data Engineer
This position will play a key role in the design and implementation of the organizations next generation data platforms. You will be expected to collaborate with multiple teams including FP&A, Data Science, Data Management, Software Engineering, Product Development, and business stakeholders. Possess a strong desire for learning and implementing cloud native technologies.
- Deliver on data related projects and initiatives
- Work collaboratively with software/data engineers, product managers, and other quality assurance engineers to deliver reliable high-value data solutions
- Influence data platform direction and new solutions by doing research and POCs
- Lead out on good data engineering practices for increased security, stability, performance, and scalability
- Mentor other data engineers and provide significant technical direction by teaching other data engineers how to leverage cloud data platforms
Ideal Candidate Characteristics
- Able to prioritize and break down complex work
- Can appropriately assess and communicate risks
- Passion for high-quality and secure data architecture
- Detail-oriented yet able to see the big picture
- Maintains a positive outlook and injects energy into a team
- Team player and takes ownership
- Desire to learn, adopt, and evangelize modern best practices
- Five or more years of professional, hands-on experience in a combination of data engineering and solution architecture of complex data platforms
- Significant understanding of the advantages of leveraging cloud data platforms
- Experience designing and implementing security and compliance solutions for data governance
- Must be able to research complex problems and offer clear and relevant solutions
- The successful candidate will have hands-on experience in many technical domains, including:
- DataOps, ETL tooling, data warehouse design, data architecture, AI/ML
- Working towards or has obtained Azure Data Engineering certification
- Legacy - SQL, SSIS, Multi-dimensional SSAS cubes
- Azure - SQL, Data Factory/Synapse Pipelines, Python, Azure Data Lake, Storage Accounts, Azure SQL DBs/Managed Instances, Databricks/Spark, Azure ML, DevOps
We pride ourselves on hiring top talent and provide the following benefits and more:
- Well-defined career paths
- Qualify for Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits on Day 1
- Health Savings Account (HSA) or Flexible Spending (FSA)
- Company paid Life, AD&D, and Short & Long Term Disability
- 401K with company match after 90 days of service
- Holiday pay and paid time off
- Extensive Wellness Program and various Employee Discount Programs
- Personal Health Advocate
- Onsite Fitness Center
- Free soda, coffee, and drinks all day every day and much, much more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
If you are a current Extra Space employee, please apply through the "Find Internal Career Openings" in Workday.
Extra Space Storage is the second largest operator of self-storage facilities in the U.S. Since we were founded in 1977, we’ve taken the storage industry by storm. In 2015 alone we added 1.6 Billion dollars in new acquisitions to our already large property portfolio.
The cornerstone of Extra Space Storage is successful partnerships with our stakeholders, partners, investors and customers. Our goals are driven by an impassioned, dedicated workforce that thrives in the innovation driven corporate environment. We are the best, at getting better!
Our Team Makes Us EXTRAordinary
Knowledge is power and experience is valuable. This is why we strive to attract the best candidates for every position at Extra Space Storage. Every position is valuable to our success from our executive management team, corporate employees, on-site managers and call center team.
Offering a Career Path Paved with Innovation and Satisfaction
Attracting the best candidates in any field requires a commitment to job satisfaction. At Extra Space Storage, job satisfaction is high, this is why we have one of the best retention rates in the business. We know that our success depends on our team loving their jobs!
An Extra Space employee is number one valued and knows they are invaluable to the team, customer and company. Second they are passionate enjoying a challenging and rewarding career path armed with the tools they need to succeed. Add a fun work culture and spectacular offices makes Extra Space a pretty amazing place to work.