Sr. IT Business Analyst
We are a leader in our industry and in order to maintain this lead, we need extraordinarily motivated, capable, and driven people like you. Come join us and find out why so many of our employees recommend us as an excellent place to work.
Since 2016, we have been a part of the S&P 500 and lead the self-storage industry in more ways than one. In 2018, we were a recipient of one of the Best Places to Work according to Glassdoor.
"Our people are the lifeblood of Extra Space." -Joe Margolis, CEO, Extra
The Sr. IT Business Analyst acts as a liaison between Business Process Owners/Stakeholders and the IT Development team to help identify and document business requirements and recommend competent solutions.
The right candidates will effectively work with Business Stakeholders to translate project requests into User Stories, Bugs, and Spikes to ensure requests are properly prioritized with details to provide design and effort scoping. The Sr. IT BA manages requests through the project life cycle to successful adoption.
This position will support and administer various business systems. Effectively managing the team’s backlog to keep it groomed (development ready with updated effort estimates). You will be coordinating velocity and roadmap to provide expectations to both internal stakeholders while coordinating with internal and external development teams. Provide escalated tier support of bugs and issues. Facilitate meetings to complete assigned projects and stories. Mentor and coach other Business Analysts of best practices. Manage release process and ensure compliance standards are being a herd to.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate directly with Business Owners and IT development teams to analyst business project and change requests supporting various enterprise applications
- Effectively provide and design solutions to problems to ensure customer satisfaction
- Prioritize and triage requests from department stakeholders to provide expectations and feedback
- Assist in sprint plans and coordinating development resources
- Administrate, configure and design different SaaS or on-premise applications
- Understand project lifecycles and ensure projects follow steps needed to deploy working solution
- Work closely with business leaders to understand their processes, needs, priorities, and future road map initiatives
- Lead standups and project status update meetings
- Successfully manage projects assigned by IT Directors or Senior Managers to competition and successful adoption
- Write User Stories, Bugs and Spikes that effectively communicate requirements, so they are easily consumed by Software Development teams
- Own team’s backlog to keep it groomed and prioritized
- Write and maintain business requirements, functional specifications and test plans
- Research and evaluate possible 3rd party software/hardware as solutions to business requests
- Engage with 3rd party software/hardware teams to successfully implement and integrate solutions
- Provide escalation support to other Business Analyst
- Coaching and mentoring internal Business Analyst on industry best practices
- Coordinate, manage, and design platform releases. Ensure needed compliance documentation and process is being followed
- Excellent understanding of Business Analyst role
- Exceptional core Business Analyst skillset including process analysis, requirement gathering, project management, visual modeling, process flow, development processes
- Accomplished in administrating different SaaS or on-premise applications (IE: Salesforce, Atlassian,)
- Ability to translate business requirements to potential solution design that fit into IT long term strategy
- Ability to act as agile team facilitator and lead needed meetings
- Ability to act as Project Manager on assigned projects
- Outside the box thinker and problem solver
- Thrive in a collaborative work environment
- Ability to effectively present information and clearly respond to questions from business users
- Must be self-motivator and able to complete tasks with limited direction and/or guidance
- Must be able to conduct meetings and present in front of small group
- Excellent communication, troubleshooting and documentation skills
- Proficient SQL skillset
- Proficient with Microsoft Office toolset
Qualifications and Experience:
- 6-8 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Relevant Bachelor’s Degree or experience in lieu of required education is preferred
- Experience working in agile project management is preferred
We pride ourselves on hiring top talent and provide you the following benefits and more:
- Well defined career paths
- Qualify for Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits on Day 1
- Health Savings Account (HSA) or Flexible Spending (FSA)
- Company paid Life, AD&D, and Short & Long Term Disability
- 401K with company match after 90 days of service
- Holiday pay and paid time off
- Extensive Wellness Program and various Employee Discount Programs
- Personal Health Advocate
- Free soda, coffee, and drinks all day every day and much, much more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
If you are a current Extra Space employee, please apply through the "Find Internal Career Openings" in Workday.
Extra Space Storage is the second largest operator of self-storage facilities in the U.S. Since we were founded in 1977, we’ve taken the storage industry by storm. In 2015 alone we added 1.6 Billion dollars in new acquisitions to our already large property portfolio.
The cornerstone of Extra Space Storage is successful partnerships with our stakeholders, partners, investors and customers. Our goals are driven by an impassioned, dedicated workforce that thrives in the innovation driven corporate environment. We are the best, at getting better!
Our Team Makes Us EXTRAordinary
Knowledge is power and experience is valuable. This is why we strive to attract the best candidates for every position at Extra Space Storage. Every position is valuable to our success from our executive management team, corporate employees, on-site managers and call center team.
Offering a Career Path Paved with Innovation and Satisfaction
Attracting the best candidates in any field requires a commitment to job satisfaction. At Extra Space Storage, job satisfaction is high, this is why we have one of the best retention rates in the business. We know that our success depends on our team loving their jobs!
An Extra Space employee is number one valued and knows they are invaluable to the team, customer and company. Second they are passionate enjoying a challenging and rewarding career path armed with the tools they need to succeed. Add a fun work culture and spectacular offices makes Extra Space a pretty amazing place to work.