Sr. System Administrator ll, IT
It is a really exciting time to be at Extra Space Storage! We got our start in 1977. Today we are a New York Stock Exchange-traded company leading the self-storage industry in more ways than one. But in order to maintain this lead, we need exceptionally motivated, capable, and driven people like you. We offer a fast-paced collaborative environment where each of us directly contributes to the company’s success. Come join us and find out why Glassdoor recognized Extra Space as one of their top 100 companies to work for in 2018!
Do you want lead delivery of creative DevOps and cloud solutions? Would you like to help fuel a growing company with an agile software engineering culture?
Join Extra Space Storage as a Senior System Administrator ll and help build strategies, culture, and systems that solve complex and interesting business problems. We are looking for someone who is invigorated by new challenges, seeks out new learning opportunities, leads from the front, challenges the status quo, and develops the skills of team members through technical and professional mentoring. This position is located at our corporate offices in Salt Lake City, UT.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work directly with our IT teams by leading and being accountable for the design and delivery of advanced DevOps capabilities
- Provide technical guidance and mentoring to engineering teams
- Be an evangelist for DevOps culture, practices, and tooling
- Drive key architectural decisions across the enterprise, particularly as they relate to automation
- Assist in the design and implementation of disaster recovery solutions using AWS technologies
- Implementing and maintaining automation and configuration management components in hybrid cloud environment (AWS, VMWare, Chef Cookbooks)
- Assisting with configuration and management of CI/CD pipeline (Bitbucket/TeamCity/Chef/Octopus)
- Assisting with configuration and management of system health and maintenance tools including logging and monitoring solutions
Education and/or Experience:
- 5+ years of progressive IT operations engineering and DevOps experience with an emphasis on AWS configuration automation
- Experience utilizing end to end Continuous Delivery pipelines to build AWS environments and deploy components to systems
- Configuration Management and Infrastructure as Code (e.g. Chef, Puppet, Ansible)
- Experience utilizing APM monitoring tools to effectively maintain system uptime and performance
- PowerShell scripting and automation in a Windows environment
- Source code management, especially as related to the core tenets of ‘infrastructure as code’
- Understanding of security mechanisms in an enterprise hybrid cloud environment (ELK/IDS/IPS/SEIM)
- Experience collaborating across multiple functional/technical teams including Product Owners, Bus. Analysts and Software Engineers to deliver a project
- Ability to communicate with customers on a business level and translate their needs into a technical solution
- Experience with utilizing Agile processes as part of IT Operations
We pride ourselves on hiring top talent and provide the following benefits and more:
- Well defined career paths
- Qualify for Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits on Day 1
- Health Savings Account (HSA) or Flexible Spending (FSA)
- Company paid Life, AD&D, and Short & Long Term Disability
- 401K with company match after 90 days of service
- Holiday pay and paid time off
- Extensive Wellness Program and various Employee Discount Programs
- Personal Health Advocate
- Onsite Fitness Center
- Free soda, coffee, and drinks all day every day and much, much more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
If you are a current Extra Space employee, please apply through the "Find Internal Career Openings" in Workday
Extra Space Storage is the second largest operator of self-storage facilities in the U.S. Since we were founded in 1977, we’ve taken the storage industry by storm. In 2015 alone we added 1.6 Billion dollars in new acquisitions to our already large property portfolio.
The cornerstone of Extra Space Storage is successful partnerships with our stakeholders, partners, investors and customers. Our goals are driven by an impassioned, dedicated workforce that thrives in the innovation driven corporate environment. We are the best, at getting better!
Our Team Makes Us EXTRAordinary
Knowledge is power and experience is valuable. This is why we strive to attract the best candidates for every position at Extra Space Storage. Every position is valuable to our success from our executive management team, corporate employees, on-site managers and call center team.
Offering a Career Path Paved with Innovation and Satisfaction
Attracting the best candidates in any field requires a commitment to job satisfaction. At Extra Space Storage, job satisfaction is high, this is why we have one of the best retention rates in the business. We know that our success depends on our team loving their jobs!
An Extra Space employee is number one valued and knows they are invaluable to the team, customer and company. Second they are passionate enjoying a challenging and rewarding career path armed with the tools they need to succeed. Add a fun work culture and spectacular offices makes Extra Space a pretty amazing place to work.