Systems Administrator I
Join Extra Space Storage as an IT Operations Systems Administrator I and help build strategies, culture, and systems that solve complex and interesting business problems. We are looking for someone who is invigorated by new challenges, seeks out new learning opportunities, leads from the front, challenges the status quo, and develops the skills of team members through technical and professional mentoring. This position is located at our corporate offices in Salt Lake City, UT.
What You’ll Do
- Install and manage infrastructure environments which includes Office 365, Azure and Servers at Extra Space Storage datacenters
- Administer VMware, EMC Storage, Palo Alto and Cisco equipment
- Monitor and maintain system health of servers and applications using Nagios XI, OpsGenie and Salt
- Participate with a team in architectural infrastructure decisions across the enterprise
- Lead and complete projects promoting the IT technical vision and strategy
- Accountable for the delivery of infrastructure supporting the business and production systems
- Opportunity to expand technical knowledge and personal skills in cloud, servers, network and security
Key Skills & Qualifications
- 2+ years of IT operations experience supporting production systems
- Experience with Office 365 administration, Azure and Azure Active Directory
- Experience with VMWare, Windows Servers and EMC Storage solutions
- Experience with Active Directory and backup/recovery systems
- Experience utilizing monitoring tools to effectively maintain system uptime and performance
- Experience using tools such as Salt and Power-shell to manage the configurations of server environments and deploy applications to systems
- Security software and appliances like Antivirus, Firewalls and Log correlation
- Able to independently troubleshoot server, application and network issues
- Must be able to collaborate across multiple teams including Department Managers, Product Owners, Business Analysts and Software Engineers to deliver a product
- Ability to communicate with corporate users and translate their needs into a technical solution
- Participation in an after-hours on-call rotation and project work as the job requires
- Minimal travel required as projects or tasks demand
If you are a current Extra Space employee, please apply through the "Find Internal Career Openings" in Workday.
Extra Space Storage is the second largest operator of self-storage facilities in the U.S. Since we were founded in 1977, we’ve taken the storage industry by storm. In 2015 alone we added 1.6 Billion dollars in new acquisitions to our already large property portfolio.
The cornerstone of Extra Space Storage is successful partnerships with our stakeholders, partners, investors and customers. Our goals are driven by an impassioned, dedicated workforce that thrives in the innovation driven corporate environment. We are the best, at getting better!
Our Team Makes Us EXTRAordinary
Knowledge is power and experience is valuable. This is why we strive to attract the best candidates for every position at Extra Space Storage. Every position is valuable to our success from our executive management team, corporate employees, on-site managers and call center team.
Offering a Career Path Paved with Innovation and Satisfaction
Attracting the best candidates in any field requires a commitment to job satisfaction. At Extra Space Storage, job satisfaction is high, this is why we have one of the best retention rates in the business. We know that our success depends on our team loving their jobs!
An Extra Space employee is number one valued and knows they are invaluable to the team, customer and company. Second they are passionate enjoying a challenging and rewarding career path armed with the tools they need to succeed. Add a fun work culture and spectacular offices makes Extra Space a pretty amazing place to work.