Do you want lead delivery of creative DevOps and cloud solutions? Would you like to help fuel a growing company with an agile software engineering culture?
Join Extra Space Storage as a IT Operations Systems Administrator and help build strategies, culture, and systems that solve complex and interesting business problems. We are looking for someone who is invigorated by new challenges, seeks out new learning opportunities, leads from the front, challenges the status quo, and develops the skills of team members through technical and professional mentoring. This position is located at our corporate offices in Salt Lake City, UT.
What You’ll Do
- Work directly with our IT teams by leading and being accountable for the design and delivery infrastructure supporting the business and production systems.
- Implementing and maintaining automation and configuration management in hybrid cloud environment which includes AWS, Azure and On Premises Datacenter systems.
- Configuration and management of system health with Nagios XI, Appdynamics, OpsGenie and custom scripts.
- Provide technical guidance and mentoring to the business and engineering teams
- Own the design and implementation of VMware, EMC, Palo Alto and Cisco within Corporate Datacenters.
- Drive key architectural decisions across the enterprise, particularly as they relate to automation of Windows and VMware systems.
- Assist in the design and implementation of disaster recovery solutions.
Key Skills & Qualifications
- 5+ years of progressive IT operations experience supporting production systems.
- Deep experience with VMWare, Windows Servers and EMC Storage solutions.
- Experience with Active Directory, File Servers, high availability architectures, backup systems and system recovery processes.
- Experience with Office 365 administration, Azure Single Sign On and Azure Active Directory.
- Experience utilizing monitoring tools to effectively maintain system uptime and performance.
- PowerShell scripting and automation in a Windows environment. Other scripting languages like Python are a plus.
- Experience using tools such as Salt, Chef and Octopus to manage the configurations of server environments and deploy applications to systems.
- Security software and appliances like Antivirus, Firewalls and Log correlation.
- Understanding of TCP/IP and networking concepts with the ability to troubleshoot server and application communication issues using tools and techniques.
- Experience collaborating across multiple teams including Department Managers, Product Owners, Business Analysts and Software Engineers to deliver a product.
- Ability to communicate with customers on a business level and translate their needs into a technical solution.
- Experience with utilizing Agile processes as part of IT Operations.
- Participation in an on-call rotation and after hours work as the job requires.
If you are dedicated with a positive attitude we invite you to come join our team. Employment is contingent on successful completion of a background and drug screening.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
If you are a current Extra Space employee, please apply through the "Find Internal Career Openings" in Workday
Extra Space Storage is the second largest operator of self-storage facilities in the U.S. Since we were founded in 1977, we’ve taken the storage industry by storm. In 2015 alone we added 1.6 Billion dollars in new acquisitions to our already large property portfolio.
The cornerstone of Extra Space Storage is successful partnerships with our stakeholders, partners, investors and customers. Our goals are driven by an impassioned, dedicated workforce that thrives in the innovation driven corporate environment. We are the best, at getting better!
Our Team Makes Us EXTRAordinary
Knowledge is power and experience is valuable. This is why we strive to attract the best candidates for every position at Extra Space Storage. Every position is valuable to our success from our executive management team, corporate employees, on-site managers and call center team.
Offering a Career Path Paved with Innovation and Satisfaction
Attracting the best candidates in any field requires a commitment to job satisfaction. At Extra Space Storage, job satisfaction is high, this is why we have one of the best retention rates in the business. We know that our success depends on our team loving their jobs!
An Extra Space employee is number one valued and knows they are invaluable to the team, customer and company. Second they are passionate enjoying a challenging and rewarding career path armed with the tools they need to succeed. Add a fun work culture and spectacular offices makes Extra Space a pretty amazing place to work.