Systems Analyst, Construction & Property Development
It is a really exciting time to be at Extra Space Storage! We got our start in 1977. Today we are a New York Stock Exchange-traded company leading the self-storage industry in more ways than one. But in order to maintain this lead, we need exceptionally motivated, capable, and driven people like you. We offer a fast-paced collaborative environment where each of us directly contributes to the company’s success. Come join us and find out why Glassdoor has recognized Extra Space Storage as one of their top 100 companies to work for in 2018!
The Systems Analyst will be responsible for administering project management software, preparing financial analysis, and producing project audit reporting in support of real estate development and construction functions within the company. The Systems Analyst will work with software partners, vendors and employees to support, train and deploy software solutions for project execution and evaluation. Specific job responsibilities include:
The project management team inside Construction & Property Development is an integral part of expanding and improving the Extra Space Storage real estate portfolio consisting of approximately 1,500 properties throughout the United States. The team supports portfolio growth primarily through strategic expansion, ground up, and major renovation projects.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Analyze business process/requirements and develop corresponding process and data flows
- Perform gap analysis activities to identify and document any possible requirement gaps as well as provide creative solutions to ambiguous business problems
- Develop training materials and deliver training required for employees and vendors
- Configure/reconfigure software processes based on evolving requirements and business rules
- Assist with process solution testing strategies, conditions and evaluation of expected results
- Produce technical and financial analysis in support of project and business solutions
- Create and distribute meeting minutes, status reports, progress reports and project post mortem evaluations
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Ability to effectively present and communicate information to team members, strategic business partners, and company management
- Prior experience with writing and analyzing business and system requirement documents that convey complex business analysis and technology solutions
- General understanding of financial reporting (Cash flows, G.L. Accounts, etc.)
- History of recommending and implementing software process improvements
- Proficient experience with MS Office Suite and web technologies
- Experience with e-Builder or other construction management software solutions
- SaaS Software implementation experience
- Experience with SaaS software testing strategies, conditions and evaluation of expected results
We pride ourselves on hiring top talent and provide you the following benefits and more:
- Well defined career paths
- Qualify for Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits on Day 1
- Health Savings Account (HSA) or Flexible Spending (FSA)
- Company paid Life, AD&D, and Short & Long Term Disability
- 401K with company match after 90 days of service
- Holiday pay and paid time off
- Extensive Wellness Program and various Employee Discount Programs
- Personal Health Advocate
- Onsite Fitness Center
- Free soda, coffee, and drinks all day every day and much, much more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
If you are a current Extra Space employee, please apply through the "Find Internal Career Openings" in Workday
Extra Space Storage is the second largest operator of self-storage facilities in the U.S. Since we were founded in 1977, we’ve taken the storage industry by storm. In 2015 alone we added 1.6 Billion dollars in new acquisitions to our already large property portfolio.
The cornerstone of Extra Space Storage is successful partnerships with our stakeholders, partners, investors and customers. Our goals are driven by an impassioned, dedicated workforce that thrives in the innovation driven corporate environment. We are the best, at getting better!
Our Team Makes Us EXTRAordinary
Knowledge is power and experience is valuable. This is why we strive to attract the best candidates for every position at Extra Space Storage. Every position is valuable to our success from our executive management team, corporate employees, on-site managers and call center team.
Offering a Career Path Paved with Innovation and Satisfaction
Attracting the best candidates in any field requires a commitment to job satisfaction. At Extra Space Storage, job satisfaction is high, this is why we have one of the best retention rates in the business. We know that our success depends on our team loving their jobs!
An Extra Space employee is number one valued and knows they are invaluable to the team, customer and company. Second they are passionate enjoying a challenging and rewarding career path armed with the tools they need to succeed. Add a fun work culture and spectacular offices makes Extra Space a pretty amazing place to work.