It is a really exciting time to be at Extra Space Storage! We got our start in 1977. Today we are a New York Stock Exchange-traded company leading the self-storage industry in more ways than one. But in order to maintain this lead, we need exceptionally motivated, capable, and driven people like you. We offer a fast-paced collaborative environment where each of us directly contributes to the company’s success. Come join us and find out why so many of our employees recommend us as a great place to work.
We are currently hiring for a Seasonal Tax Intern for the upcoming tax filing season at our corporate offices located in Salt Lake City, Utah. In this role, you will help in the preparation and filing of Federal and State tax returns on behalf of the Company and its Joint Venture partnerships.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in the preparation of U.S. Federal & State income tax filings from beginning to end (i.e. tax planning, data collection, work-paper preparation and issue analysis, tax notices, tax estimates and extensions, return preparation, return processing and filing)
- Ability to recognize and analyze tax issues
- Become familiar with federal and state tax law changes and updates
- Become familiar with IRC sections and regulations
- Become familiar with generally accepted accounting principles and their application
Education and/or Experience:
- Projected Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field within two years; Successful completion of Introduction to Taxation Course is preferred
- A tactful, pro-active, and professional personality is required
- Excellent analytical, verbal, and written communication skills
- Highly motivated with confidence to independently address issues
- Ability to work under tight deadlines
- Demonstrate proficient knowledge of computer related skills and accounting systems, including Microsoft Word and Excel
We pride ourselves on hiring top talent and provide you the following benefits and more:
- Pay Range $18-$23 per hour
- Opportunity to work for a large public company
- Opportunity to gain relevant and hands-on tax experience
- Free soda, coffee, and drinks all day every day and much, much more!
If you are a current Extra Space employee, please apply through the "Find Internal Career Openings" in Workday.
Extra Space Storage is the second largest operator of self-storage facilities in the U.S. Since we were founded in 1977, we’ve taken the storage industry by storm. In 2015 alone we added 1.6 Billion dollars in new acquisitions to our already large property portfolio.
The cornerstone of Extra Space Storage is successful partnerships with our stakeholders, partners, investors and customers. Our goals are driven by an impassioned, dedicated workforce that thrives in the innovation driven corporate environment. We are the best, at getting better!
Our Team Makes Us EXTRAordinary
Knowledge is power and experience is valuable. This is why we strive to attract the best candidates for every position at Extra Space Storage. Every position is valuable to our success from our executive management team, corporate employees, on-site managers and call center team.
Offering a Career Path Paved with Innovation and Satisfaction
Attracting the best candidates in any field requires a commitment to job satisfaction. At Extra Space Storage, job satisfaction is high, this is why we have one of the best retention rates in the business. We know that our success depends on our team loving their jobs!
An Extra Space employee is number one valued and knows they are invaluable to the team, customer and company. Second they are passionate enjoying a challenging and rewarding career path armed with the tools they need to succeed. Add a fun work culture and spectacular offices makes Extra Space a pretty amazing place to work.