Team Lead, Call Center
At Extra Space Storage, if it matters to you, it matters to us!
It is a really exciting time to be at Extra Space Storage! We got our start in 1977. Today we are a New York Stock Exchange-traded company leading the self-storage industry in more ways than one. But in order to maintain this lead, we need exceptionally motivated, capable, and driven people like you. We offer a fast-paced collaborative environment where each of us directly contributes to the company’s success. Come join us and find out why so many of our employees recommend us as a great place to work.
We are looking for a Sales Team Lead for our 120 employee call center. This team will have approximately between 15-20 employees to lead. We are a growing, results-oriented company with great pay, benefits, and opportunity. Those that will shine here feel comfortable being persistent but not pushy, can inspire and provide regular coaching, are confident, thrive in a friendly competitive environment and can bring the same level of positive energy every day.
An ideal background:
The team lead that we bring in to our team will have proven sales success and the ability to coach others to do the same. They will have at least 2-3 years of call center management experience. An ideal applicant will have a college degree (preferably Marketing or Business Management). A great team lead can identify trends in data and can then provide direction for their team and the floor based on those trends.
Who you need to be:
Our Team Leads are outgoing; they initiate the energy that defines our sales floor. They lead their team, not just manage it. They are competitive while maintaining the ability to work closely with their peers. A great team lead at Extra Space is innovative and is not afraid to try something new.
What you primarily do in this position:
- Coach and train employees, both initially and ongoing, and provides constructive feedback for continual improvement.
- Meets operational standards by implementing sales, customer service, and quality standards; resolving problems and identifying trends, identifying systems improvements.
- Supervises Sales Representatives, meeting floor service levels, sales, and budget targets.
- Oversees all real-time and intra-day activities to ensure service goals are met
- Supervises and oversees day-to-day operations
- Handles escalated calls in professional, courteous manner
- Evaluates and recommends methods for improvement of practices
- Monitors Sales Representatives ensuring that sales and service is at an optimal level
- Manage adherence and attendance for all agents and provides appropriate communication to the leadership team.
- Works closely with NSC Learning Manager to ensure smooth transition from training to the sales floor
- Foster professional work environment and helps motivate the sales floor by running contests.
- Functions as a resource to answer agent questions and efficiently handles escalated calls in a professional, courteous manner.
- Work closely with Management Team to drive Company and NSC goals.
- Identify needs for overtime as well as identify suitable candidates for overtime.
- Monitor floor performance metrics, making sure that sales and customer service are at an optimal level.
- Monitors NSC inContact Dashboard in order to eliminate abandon calls, keep the service level at or above goal and ensure agents are utilizing proper aux codes.
- Resolves personnel issues and escalates to proper administration as needed
- Assist with special projects and other duties as assigned
- Interviews and screens for Sales Representative positions
- Monitor attendance and productivity of NSC employees
- Manages and approves NSC payroll for their team
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
If you are a current Extra Space employee, please apply through the "Find Internal Career Openings" in Workday
Extra Space Storage is the second largest operator of self-storage facilities in the U.S. Since we were founded in 1977, we’ve taken the storage industry by storm. In 2015 alone we added 1.6 Billion dollars in new acquisitions to our already large property portfolio.
The cornerstone of Extra Space Storage is successful partnerships with our stakeholders, partners, investors and customers. Our goals are driven by an impassioned, dedicated workforce that thrives in the innovation driven corporate environment. We are the best, at getting better!
Our Team Makes Us EXTRAordinary
Knowledge is power and experience is valuable. This is why we strive to attract the best candidates for every position at Extra Space Storage. Every position is valuable to our success from our executive management team, corporate employees, on-site managers and call center team.
Offering a Career Path Paved with Innovation and Satisfaction
Attracting the best candidates in any field requires a commitment to job satisfaction. At Extra Space Storage, job satisfaction is high, this is why we have one of the best retention rates in the business. We know that our success depends on our team loving their jobs!
An Extra Space employee is number one valued and knows they are invaluable to the team, customer and company. Second they are passionate enjoying a challenging and rewarding career path armed with the tools they need to succeed. Add a fun work culture and spectacular offices makes Extra Space a pretty amazing place to work.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: R-05086