Technician, Store Networking Operations
The Telecom Technician II is a dynamic position that utilizes a range of knowledge in IT troubleshooting and Telecom and Network operations. Qualified candidates will have previous experience working in customer support, experience with PC’s, Windows OS, Network, Telecom, and a passion for problem solving. Must have strong computer skills, and the ability to work in a fast-paced, team-based environment. Strong verbal and written communication skills are essential.
Essential Roles and Responsibilities:
Ability to track and follow through with assigned tasks in deploying network, telecom and workstations. Able to resolve advanced technical issues relating to computer systems, hardware, software, telecommunications, printers and networking.
- Responsible for all pre and post technical elements of onboarding new sites
- On day of new store onboarding, assist sites in getting all systems up and running
- Respond to Tier II and Tier III requests for technical assistance via phone or helpdesk ticket
- Troubleshoot internet and phone line issues at sites and when appropriate, engage vendors to resolve issues
- Collaborate with team to creatively troubleshoot complex issues that stores encounter. When necessary, engage multiple teams within IT to create solution.
Education and Experience:
- A positive attitude and passion for IT technology.
- Attention to detail and quality driven.
- Two or more years of Help Desk experience; or equivalent education
- Networking - Intermediate TCP/IP, Switching, Firewalls and Routing (Meraki is a plus)
- Windows 7 and Windows 10 technical experience.
- Desktop deployment and configuration management tools. Microsoft MDT, Kaseya IT a plus.
- Certifications in one or more of A+, Network+, CCNA and MCSA: Windows 10 preferred
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills and openness to new technologies
- Excellent analytical, interpersonal as well as verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced, decentralized work environment
- Infrequent travel to stores outside Utah may be required as projects demand.
- Must be able to lift 60lbs.
We pride ourselves on hiring top talent and provide the following benefits and more:
- Well defined career paths
- Qualify for Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits on Day 1
- Health Savings Account (HSA) or Flexible Spending (FSA)
- Company paid Life, AD&D, and Short & Long Term Disability
- 401K with company match after 90 days of service
- Holiday pay and paid time off
- Extensive Wellness Program and various Employee Discount Programs
- Personal Health Advocate
- Free soda, coffee, and drinks all day every day and much, much more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
If you are a current Extra Space employee, please apply through the "Find Internal Career Openings" in Workday.
Extra Space Storage is the second largest operator of self-storage facilities in the U.S. Since we were founded in 1977, we’ve taken the storage industry by storm. In 2015 alone we added 1.6 Billion dollars in new acquisitions to our already large property portfolio.
The cornerstone of Extra Space Storage is successful partnerships with our stakeholders, partners, investors and customers. Our goals are driven by an impassioned, dedicated workforce that thrives in the innovation driven corporate environment. We are the best, at getting better!
Our Team Makes Us EXTRAordinary
Knowledge is power and experience is valuable. This is why we strive to attract the best candidates for every position at Extra Space Storage. Every position is valuable to our success from our executive management team, corporate employees, on-site managers and call center team.
Offering a Career Path Paved with Innovation and Satisfaction
Attracting the best candidates in any field requires a commitment to job satisfaction. At Extra Space Storage, job satisfaction is high, this is why we have one of the best retention rates in the business. We know that our success depends on our team loving their jobs!
An Extra Space employee is number one valued and knows they are invaluable to the team, customer and company. Second they are passionate enjoying a challenging and rewarding career path armed with the tools they need to succeed. Add a fun work culture and spectacular offices makes Extra Space a pretty amazing place to work.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: R-12326