Third Party Management Analyst
It is an exciting time to be at Extra Space Storage! We got our start in 1977. Today we are a New York Stock Exchange-traded company leading the self-storage industry in more ways than one. But in order to maintain this lead, we need exceptionally motivated, capable, and driven people like you. We offer a fast-paced collaborative environment where each of us directly contributes to the company’s success. Come join us and find out why Glassdoor recognized Extra Space as one of the top 100 places to work in 2018!
Extra Space operates over 1500 self-storage facilities across 39 states. Currently, the self-storage portfolio is expanding rapidly with new opportunities to manage both existing and new development locations. Extra Space is seeking a candidate that can use their financial modeling skills, creativity and real estate experience to help further this growth. This position is an integral part of the 3rd Party Management team involved in underwriting and assessing value of new opportunities, assisting in the transition process, and facilitating overall company growth through special projects. The 3rd Party Management Analyst will work directly with the Manager of 3rd Party Management on these strategies and projects.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Analysis and underwriting of potential 3rd party management deals
- Under the direction of Deal Captain assist in the transition process
- Communicate directly with partners and 3rd party owners regarding deal status
- Keep other Extra Space departments updated on management pipeline and deal progress
- New store performance tracking
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics or Real Estate from a four-year university or college preferred.
- One to three years related experience or training in real estate or related field.
- Strong analytical skills including financial model building in Excel
- Possess strong knowledge and skill-set for a variety of computer applications, including Microsoft Office suite, Microsoft Dynamics AX cubes
- Ability to question, improve existing processes and proactively take creative license to suggest and improve those processes
- Highly effective written and verbal communication skills
- Process and detail oriented; problem solving attitude
- Strong customer service skills and awareness
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
We pride ourselves on hiring top talent and provide you the following benefits and more:
- Well defined career paths
- Qualify for Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits on Day 1
- Health Savings Account (HSA) or Flexible Spending (FSA)
- Company paid Life, AD&D, and Short & Long Term Disability
- 401K with company match after 90 days of service
- Holiday pay and paid time off
- Extensive Wellness Program and various Employee Discount Programs
- Personal Health Advocate
- Onsite Fitness Center
- Free soda, coffee, and drinks all day every day and much, much more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
If you are a current Extra Space employee, please apply through the "Find Internal Career Openings" in Workday.
Extra Space Storage is the second largest operator of self-storage facilities in the U.S. Since we were founded in 1977, we’ve taken the storage industry by storm. In 2015 alone we added 1.6 Billion dollars in new acquisitions to our already large property portfolio.
The cornerstone of Extra Space Storage is successful partnerships with our stakeholders, partners, investors and customers. Our goals are driven by an impassioned, dedicated workforce that thrives in the innovation driven corporate environment. We are the best, at getting better!
Our Team Makes Us EXTRAordinary
Knowledge is power and experience is valuable. This is why we strive to attract the best candidates for every position at Extra Space Storage. Every position is valuable to our success from our executive management team, corporate employees, on-site managers and call center team.
Offering a Career Path Paved with Innovation and Satisfaction
Attracting the best candidates in any field requires a commitment to job satisfaction. At Extra Space Storage, job satisfaction is high, this is why we have one of the best retention rates in the business. We know that our success depends on our team loving their jobs!
An Extra Space employee is number one valued and knows they are invaluable to the team, customer and company. Second they are passionate enjoying a challenging and rewarding career path armed with the tools they need to succeed. Add a fun work culture and spectacular offices makes Extra Space a pretty amazing place to work.