Third Party Management Manager
The Third Party Management group at Extra Space is one of the two major growth engines for the organization. This is an exciting opportunity to join the support team for the largest third party management company in the storage industry. This role plays an integral role in supporting some of our largest and most valuable partner relationships. This position will serve as a liaison between owners and all internal departments as they relate to these assets. This will include items such as budget, facilities management, loan requirements, operational, performance, scheduling issues to name a few. This position will also provide overall support to the Operations Team on any issues as it relates to owners/partners. It will also play an important role in the onboarding of new sites into the Extra Space system and vice versa as we or our partners dispose of sites. This position requires strong analytical capabilities, interpersonal and relationship building skills, as well as, the ability to give professional presentations to customers, vendors, management, and company interests. The incumbent will ideally have finance, leasing, and/or asset management experience. Self storage operations experience (District Manager or similar) would prove to be invaluable experience for this role.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Serve as the liaison between third party owners and all Extra Space departments
- Manage the communication process with third party owners as it relates to capital projects, expenditures, site incidents, etc.
- Support and improve the process for new property transitions for acquired assets as well as new third party managed properties
- Coordination between departments regarding asset management as it relates to changes in ownership and dispositions
- Managing partner requests regarding; off budget requests and financial performance metrics and ad hoc items
- Prepare spreadsheets, reports, proformas and budgets and support in the delivery of these analyses to third party owners.
- Potentially manage some aspects of non-storage commercial leasing (cell towers, billboards, retail office space, etc.)
- Produce and analyze financial reports and recaps
- Key player on the budgeting team
- Makes periodic property visits for analysis, integration follow up, relationship-building, and follow-up in the field
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Extra Space Storage seeks employees that have entrepreneurial, pro-active, "can-do" mentalities and positive attitudes. Employment with Extra Space is contingent on successful completion of a background and drug screening. Strong business acumen with expertise knowledge of Excel and other related software packages.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s Degree required; Master’s Degree preferred or equivalent work experience. One to three years related experience and/or training in the Commercial Real Estate, and Asset Management field would be beneficial.
Reports to: Director, Third Party Management
We pride ourselves on hiring top talent and provide you the following benefits and more:
- Well defined career paths
- Qualify for Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits on Day 1
- Health Savings Account (HSA) or Flexible Spending (FSA)
- Company paid Life, AD&D, and Short & Long Term Disability
- 401K with company match after 90 days of service
- Holiday pay and paid time off
- Extensive Wellness Program and various Employee Discount Programs
- Personal Health Advocate
- Onsite Fitness Center
- Free soda, coffee, and drinks all day every day and much, much more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
If you are a current Extra Space employee, please apply through the "Find Internal Career Openings" in Workday.
Extra Space Storage is the second largest operator of self-storage facilities in the U.S. Since we were founded in 1977, we’ve taken the storage industry by storm. In 2015 alone we added 1.6 Billion dollars in new acquisitions to our already large property portfolio.
The cornerstone of Extra Space Storage is successful partnerships with our stakeholders, partners, investors and customers. Our goals are driven by an impassioned, dedicated workforce that thrives in the innovation driven corporate environment. We are the best, at getting better!
Our Team Makes Us EXTRAordinary
Knowledge is power and experience is valuable. This is why we strive to attract the best candidates for every position at Extra Space Storage. Every position is valuable to our success from our executive management team, corporate employees, on-site managers and call center team.
Offering a Career Path Paved with Innovation and Satisfaction
Attracting the best candidates in any field requires a commitment to job satisfaction. At Extra Space Storage, job satisfaction is high, this is why we have one of the best retention rates in the business. We know that our success depends on our team loving their jobs!
An Extra Space employee is number one valued and knows they are invaluable to the team, customer and company. Second they are passionate enjoying a challenging and rewarding career path armed with the tools they need to succeed. Add a fun work culture and spectacular offices makes Extra Space a pretty amazing place to work.