Commercial Asset Specialist
Extra Space Storage is currently hiring for a Commercial Asset Specialist for our corporate office located in Salt Lake City, Utah. Extra Space operates approximately 1,600+ self-storage facilities across 40 states. In addition to self-storage, Extra Space manages a portfolio of approximately 1,000,000 square feet of office, retail and warehouse space as well as a robust portfolio of cell tower and billboard leases that supplement traditional rental income. Annual revenue from the combined commercial assets exceeds $17M. In this role, you’ll play an integral role in managing and growing this important revenue stream. This position will work with the VP of Asset Management to oversee and manage this function.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Accounts receivable, ledger research, adjusting entries and variance reporting.
- CAM, utility & property tax recovery tracking & billing.
- Provide and request documents as needed. Document management.
- Lease research and abstracting.
- Oversight of commercial asset Help Desk.
- Field current tenant and internal client inquires.
- Assist with the following:
- Tenant vetting, collections and evictions.Tracking and marketing available commercial space.
- Lead tracking follow up.
- Managing vendor contracts, tenant improvements, invoices and payments.
- Process address and ownership changes.
- General correspondence.
- Improving internal processes and driving growth.
- Other tasks as needed.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or general business preferred.
- Two to three years related experience and/or training in real estate or related field.
- Prior experience in property management or administration highly desirable.
- Extensive experience with a variety of computer applications including Microsoft Office suite.
- Experience with Yardi Voyager a plus.
- Highly organized, detail oriented multi-tasker.
- Strong customer service skills. Proactive.
- Critical thinker. Thinks outside the box. Problem solver.
- Intermediate understanding of real estate contracts and practices.
- Intermediate understanding of accounting principles and processes.
- Highly effective written and verbal communications skills.
We pride ourselves on hiring top talent and provide you the following benefits and more:
- Well defined career paths
- Qualify for Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits on Day 1
- Health Savings Account (HSA) or Flexible Spending (FSA)
- Company paid Life, AD&D, and Short & Long Term Disability
- 401K with company match after 90 days of service
- Holiday pay and paid time off
- Extensive Wellness Program and various Employee Discount Programs
- Personal Health Advocate
- Onsite Fitness Center
- Free soda, coffee, and drinks all day every day and much, much more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
If you are a current Extra Space employee, please apply through the "Find Internal Career Openings" in Workday.
Extra Space Storage is the second largest operator of self-storage facilities in the U.S. Since we were founded in 1977, we’ve taken the storage industry by storm. In 2015 alone we added 1.6 Billion dollars in new acquisitions to our already large property portfolio.
The cornerstone of Extra Space Storage is successful partnerships with our stakeholders, partners, investors and customers. Our goals are driven by an impassioned, dedicated workforce that thrives in the innovation driven corporate environment. We are the best, at getting better!
Our Team Makes Us EXTRAordinary
Knowledge is power and experience is valuable. This is why we strive to attract the best candidates for every position at Extra Space Storage. Every position is valuable to our success from our executive management team, corporate employees, on-site managers and call center team.
Offering a Career Path Paved with Innovation and Satisfaction
Attracting the best candidates in any field requires a commitment to job satisfaction. At Extra Space Storage, job satisfaction is high, this is why we have one of the best retention rates in the business. We know that our success depends on our team loving their jobs!
An Extra Space employee is number one valued and knows they are invaluable to the team, customer and company. Second they are passionate enjoying a challenging and rewarding career path armed with the tools they need to succeed. Add a fun work culture and spectacular offices makes Extra Space a pretty amazing place to work.