Corporate Receptionist (Part-Time)
We are currently hiring for a part-time Corporate Receptionist at our offices located in Salt Lake City, Utah. In this role, you will be the first corporate contact to walk-in guests and visitors and must exhibit a positive, professional manner. The incumbent operates PBX or multi-line telephone system to answer incoming calls and directs callers to appropriate personnel; responds to general questions and inquiries; directs incoming/outgoing deliveries; professionally handles other receptionist duties. The hours for this position will be Monday-Friday, 12:30-5:30 pm.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Answers incoming telephone calls, determines purpose of callers, and forwards calls to appropriate personnel or department.
- Takes and delivers messages or transfers calls to voice mail when appropriate personnel are unavailable.
- Answers questions about organization and provides callers with address, directions, and other information.
- Welcomes on-site visitors, determines nature of business, and announces visitors to appropriate personnel.
- Monitors visitor access.
- Receives, sorts, and routes incoming FedEx and UPS
- Coordinates all incoming and outgoing FedEx and UPS packages
- Performs other clerical duties as needed, such as assisting departments with mailings
- Performs general housekeeping duties in public and support areas
- Responsible for keeping conference rooms clean.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent
- One year certificate from college or technical school; or three to six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must have working knowledge of Microsoft suite programs: Excel, Outlook, and Word.
- Willing to work flexible hours to accommodate days off for co-workers
- Knowledge of a wide variety of automated office systems, machines and equipment
- Previous experience with FedEx is a plus
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Attention to detail
- Highly motivated self-starter
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
If you are a current Extra Space employee, please apply through the "Find Internal Career Openings" in Workday.
Extra Space Storage is the second largest operator of self-storage facilities in the U.S. Since we were founded in 1977, we’ve taken the storage industry by storm. In 2015 alone we added 1.6 Billion dollars in new acquisitions to our already large property portfolio.
The cornerstone of Extra Space Storage is successful partnerships with our stakeholders, partners, investors and customers. Our goals are driven by an impassioned, dedicated workforce that thrives in the innovation driven corporate environment. We are the best, at getting better!
Our Team Makes Us EXTRAordinary
Knowledge is power and experience is valuable. This is why we strive to attract the best candidates for every position at Extra Space Storage. Every position is valuable to our success from our executive management team, corporate employees, on-site managers and call center team.
Offering a Career Path Paved with Innovation and Satisfaction
Attracting the best candidates in any field requires a commitment to job satisfaction. At Extra Space Storage, job satisfaction is high, this is why we have one of the best retention rates in the business. We know that our success depends on our team loving their jobs!
An Extra Space employee is number one valued and knows they are invaluable to the team, customer and company. Second they are passionate enjoying a challenging and rewarding career path armed with the tools they need to succeed. Add a fun work culture and spectacular offices makes Extra Space a pretty amazing place to work.