Customer Experience Manager
It is a really exciting time to be at Extra Space Storage! We got our start in 1977. Today we are a New York Stock Exchange-traded company leading the self-storage industry in more ways than one. But in order to maintain this lead, we need exceptionally motivated, capable, and driven people like you. We offer a fast-paced collaborative environment where each of us directly contributes to the company’s success. Come join us and find out why so many of our employees recommend us as a great place to work.
We’re currently hiring for a Customer Experience Manager at our corporate offices in Salt Lake City, UT, who will be responsible for managing projects that drive improvement to the customer experience. The incumbent will have a passion to learn and understand our customers needs and use this information to plan and orchestrate an easy, frictionless experience for our customers. This role is essential to ensure Extra Space Storage maintains a leading and competitive presence.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Demonstrate strong curiosity and gain knowledge of customers and their interactions/experiences with Extra Space Storage, to drive improvements to systems and processes that create a better Customer Experience (CX)
- Create and execute project plans based on direction from CX manager/team, including leading the project from initiation to completion by outlining the project plan, tracking and communicating progress, identifying and overcoming roadblocks, and presenting outcomes
- Communicate effectively and build relationships with key department partners to manage project expectations
- Participate in cross-channel projects and teams to ensure appropriate parties are engaged and ensure deadlines are met
- Build organizational awareness of the customer experience and help facilitate opportunities to embed CX throughout the organization
- Use customer data to make recommendations on differentiating the customer experience with consideration/awareness of business objectives and technical constraints
- Identify and map customer experience processes that need improvement, identify potential solutions, and rally the right associates and resources to assist with updates/changes
- Outline project success metrics, analyze outcomes, report on and outline project next steps
- Continual learning about CX practices to help champion the customer experience program at Extra Space
Education and/or Experience:
- A Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university
- 5 years of experience in Marketing, Operations, or similar role
- Demonstrated track record of strong interpersonal/communication skills and the ability to provide superior customer service
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment, and to meet changing deadlines and priorities on multiple simultaneous projects
- Ability to create positive relationships and influence internal and external clients
- Very organized with the ability to manage time effectively in order to hit deadlines and keep commitments in a high-paced, interrupt-driven working environment.
- Strong project management skills.
- Ability to organize projects, tell stories, and advocate for customer experience opportunities using a variety of tools including MS Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Ability to maintain self-motivation and operate with an entrepreneurial mindset
- Experience working with voice of customer (VOC) metrics and programs such as PowerBI and SQL a plus
We pride ourselves on hiring top talent and provide you the following benefits and more:
- Well defined career paths
- Qualify for Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits on Day 1
- Health Savings Account (HSA) or Flexible Spending (FSA)
- Company paid Life, AD&D, and Short & Long Term Disability
- 401K with company match after 90 days of service
- Holiday pay and paid time off
- Extensive Wellness Program and various Employee Discount Programs
- Personal Health Advocate
- Onsite Fitness Center
- Free soda, coffee, and drinks all day every day and much, much more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
If you are a current Extra Space employee, please apply through the "Find Internal Career Openings" in Workday
Extra Space Storage is the second largest operator of self-storage facilities in the U.S. Since we were founded in 1977, we’ve taken the storage industry by storm. In 2015 alone we added 1.6 Billion dollars in new acquisitions to our already large property portfolio.
The cornerstone of Extra Space Storage is successful partnerships with our stakeholders, partners, investors and customers. Our goals are driven by an impassioned, dedicated workforce that thrives in the innovation driven corporate environment. We are the best, at getting better!
Our Team Makes Us EXTRAordinary
Knowledge is power and experience is valuable. This is why we strive to attract the best candidates for every position at Extra Space Storage. Every position is valuable to our success from our executive management team, corporate employees, on-site managers and call center team.
Offering a Career Path Paved with Innovation and Satisfaction
Attracting the best candidates in any field requires a commitment to job satisfaction. At Extra Space Storage, job satisfaction is high, this is why we have one of the best retention rates in the business. We know that our success depends on our team loving their jobs!
An Extra Space employee is number one valued and knows they are invaluable to the team, customer and company. Second they are passionate enjoying a challenging and rewarding career path armed with the tools they need to succeed. Add a fun work culture and spectacular offices makes Extra Space a pretty amazing place to work.