District Team Lead (Live On-site)
Fast-paced and collaborative company with over 1,300 stores (and growing) seeks career-oriented, success-driven, passionate, intelligent and fun store manager for challenges, success and career growth!
The District Team Lead is one of the first line representatives to our customers. This position is responsible for maintaining the daily operations of single or multiple site locations. In addition to their duties and responsibilities as a Store Manager (SM), the District Team Lead (DTL) assists the District Manager (DM) in the execution of the district’s vision and strategy and assists the Division Learning Manager (DLM) with individual and organizational training initiatives as described below.
Effectively provides district leadership and performs training functions in the district by:
- Ensuring completion of Day One Onboarding process in respective systems with new hires
- Training and assisting in the development of new employees using Extra Space University (LMS) and effective adult learning, behavior based learning methodologies
- Providing on-going training and mentoring of new policies and procedures as well as follow-up skill retraining as directed by the DM/DLM through effective role-playing, coaching, and knowledge sharing
- Serving as a resource and acting as policy and procedure expert for the district regarding operations, sales, marketing and computer processes
- Coordinating as needed and delivering training in district meetings and conference calls including job aids, content, ice breakers, team building, as directed by the DM/DLM
- Screening candidates for open positions
- Acting as first contact for customer issues before escalation to the District Manager
- Partnering with DM to drive operational goals and district contests
- Adequately scheduling personnel
- Assisting DM in conducting audits, Extra Clean site visits, and any other district projects as needed
- Coordinating activities related to new store openings and closings
- While living on company property, you would be expected to take care of any urgent safety, security, customer service or other issues that may arise outside of regular business hours
- Employees must have a current Driver License, access to reliable transportation, and must be able to travel to a number of properties.
- Must be a tenured Store Manager of at least six months.
- A High School diploma/GED equivalent and at least one year of related experience and/or training in direct sales, retail and/or customer service is required.
- Leadership skills and experience supervising others is required.
- Preference is given for college work or degrees.
If you are a current Extra Space employee, please apply through the "Find Internal Career Openings" in Workday.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: R-41228