Help Desk Supervisor
The Help Desk Supervisor manages Help Desk staff and the activities associated with the identification, prioritization, escalation. The Help Desk Supervisor will be responsible for ensuring the resolution of discovered and reported problems from either monitoring systems or business end users . The Help Desk Supervisor be responsible that all phases of Help Desk support are properly coordinated, monitored, logged, tracked and resolved appropriately. The Help Desk Supervisor hires and assigns personnel to various operations, directs work activities, and reviews and evaluates work performance.
- Monitor daily ticket stats to maintain SLA response times
- Triage and lead outage & incident response communications for end user applications
- Coach and mentor Help Desk staff while supervising day-today operations
- Continuously improve Help Desk processes to maintain efficient workflows to meet expected SLA standards
- Recruit and manage Help Desk staff including performance reviews
- Establish training programs for Help Desk staff to answer and resolve incoming calls with quality and excellent customer service
- Technical ownership of technology inventory, workstation imaging solutions, workstation management software, workstation patching software and methods to deliver workstations to end users.
- Write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Design and implement request handling and escalation policies and procedures.
- Identify, and recommend internal customer training programs to increase computer literacy and self-sufficiency.
- Oversee development and dissemination of help sheets, usage guides, and FAQ lists for internal customers.
- Work with external vendors or MSP's to report, escalate and manage incidents when needed to deliver a consistently high level of user support.
Key Skills & Qualifications
- Computer Science Associate degree or equivalent work experience
- 3-4 years of IT operations experience, 2 of which are managing and leading people (education may be substituted for work experience as deemed appropriate)
- Excellent communication skills via phone, email and IM required
- Able to complete tasks related to projects and meet deadlines
- PC, Internet, Network troubleshooting experience required
- Relevant technical certifications (A+, MCSA, MCP, Network+, Security+, ITIL) strongly preferred
- Building and maintaining reporting dashboards using Excel and Jira Service Desk
- Technical experience administering desktop management software like SCCM, Kaseya or Intune
- Active Directory user administration, windows server and Windows 10
- Experience with IVR and phone routing workflows is a plus
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
- Some travel may be required (up to 2% of total time)
If you are a current Extra Space employee, please apply through the "Find Internal Career Openings" in Workday.
Extra Space Storage is the second largest operator of self-storage facilities in the U.S. Since we were founded in 1977, we’ve taken the storage industry by storm. In 2015 alone we added 1.6 Billion dollars in new acquisitions to our already large property portfolio.
The cornerstone of Extra Space Storage is successful partnerships with our stakeholders, partners, investors and customers. Our goals are driven by an impassioned, dedicated workforce that thrives in the innovation driven corporate environment. We are the best, at getting better!
Our Team Makes Us EXTRAordinary
Knowledge is power and experience is valuable. This is why we strive to attract the best candidates for every position at Extra Space Storage. Every position is valuable to our success from our executive management team, corporate employees, on-site managers and call center team.
Offering a Career Path Paved with Innovation and Satisfaction
Attracting the best candidates in any field requires a commitment to job satisfaction. At Extra Space Storage, job satisfaction is high, this is why we have one of the best retention rates in the business. We know that our success depends on our team loving their jobs!
An Extra Space employee is number one valued and knows they are invaluable to the team, customer and company. Second they are passionate enjoying a challenging and rewarding career path armed with the tools they need to succeed. Add a fun work culture and spectacular offices makes Extra Space a pretty amazing place to work.