Extra Space Storage is currently hiring for an HRIS Analyst at our corporate offices in Salt Lake City, UT. This role involves constant interaction with our internal customers, both at headquarters and in the field, while providing professional, caring support for our employees as they use our systems. As a member of the HRIS team you will work with large amounts of sensitive employee data on a regular basis. This data should be handled appropriately and in line with current policy, including using best practices for data security and maintaining strict confidentiality. You will also be responsible to ensure that all HRIS data is accurate and complete. The HRIS Analyst is responsible to support our efforts in providing effective solutions to a wide variety of business problems. These problems are often complex and present unique challenges. As such, this role requires the ability to think critically and make clear observations using reasoned judgement. You will have the opportunity to communicate regularly with a diverse audience of customers. Being able to convey your message in a clear and meaningful way is critical.
- Operate as "owner" for a portfolio of Workday modules; portfolio responsibility may include Workday Learning, Payroll, Compensation, Time Tracking, Time Off, Performance or Talent
- Create new, and adjust existing configurations including Security, Business Processes, Reporting etc.
- Build, test, deploy and maintain integrations in Workday (Cloud Connect & EIB)
- Oversee Open Enrollment process in Workday
- Troubleshoot and resolve system issues including data discrepancies and process failures and escalate as needed
- Train Extra Space employees on all aspects of Workday including creation and maintenance of training guides and walkthroughs
- Conduct regular audits of HR data
- Develop, maintain and distribute custom reporting solutions
- Maintain discretion in matters of confidentiality
- Will fill role at an Analyst I, II, or III level depending on experience
Education and Experience:
- Strong technical and analytical skills
- Strong decision-making capability
- 3+ years of HRIS and/or HR experience
- Experience with Workday strongly preferred
- Experience with Power Query, Power BI, SQL or other data analysis tools
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
If you are a current Extra Space employee, please apply through the "Find Internal Career Openings" in Workday.
Extra Space Storage is the second largest operator of self-storage facilities in the U.S. Since we were founded in 1977, we’ve taken the storage industry by storm. In 2015 alone we added 1.6 Billion dollars in new acquisitions to our already large property portfolio.
The cornerstone of Extra Space Storage is successful partnerships with our stakeholders, partners, investors and customers. Our goals are driven by an impassioned, dedicated workforce that thrives in the innovation driven corporate environment. We are the best, at getting better!
Our Team Makes Us EXTRAordinary
Knowledge is power and experience is valuable. This is why we strive to attract the best candidates for every position at Extra Space Storage. Every position is valuable to our success from our executive management team, corporate employees, on-site managers and call center team.
Offering a Career Path Paved with Innovation and Satisfaction
Attracting the best candidates in any field requires a commitment to job satisfaction. At Extra Space Storage, job satisfaction is high, this is why we have one of the best retention rates in the business. We know that our success depends on our team loving their jobs!
An Extra Space employee is number one valued and knows they are invaluable to the team, customer and company. Second they are passionate enjoying a challenging and rewarding career path armed with the tools they need to succeed. Add a fun work culture and spectacular offices makes Extra Space a pretty amazing place to work.