Human Resources Generalist
It is a really exciting time to be at Extra Space Storage! We got our start in 1977. Today we are a New York Stock Exchange-traded company leading the self-storage industry in more ways than one. But in order to maintain this lead, we need exceptionally motivated, capable, and driven people like you. We offer a fast-paced collaborative environment where each of us directly contributes to the company’s success. Come join us and find out why Glassdoor recognized Extra Space as one of their top 100 places to work in 2018!.
Extra Space is currently hiring for an HR Generalist at our National Sales Center (Call Center) in Midvale, UT. In this role, you’ll be responsible for execution of various aspects of human resources supporting employees and management staff. You will act as an HR resource and help coordinate and execute on such processes to include talent acquisition, on-boarding, employee relations, performance management, compensation and the merit cycle, employee engagement, legal and compliance issues and to ensure company policies are communicated, understood and followed. To be successful, you will need to demonstrate a high level of integrity, a strong depth of HR knowledge, high sense of urgency, and a pro-active approach to customer service.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Source, interview and select top talent; coordinate with management to meet staffing needs.
- Establish self as ‘go to’ HR person on effective employment practices by developing effective working relationships with managers and employees within assigned area(s)
- Work with management on performance management issues, employee inquiries or complaints, as well as the implementation of company-wide HR activities
- Partner with HR Leadership and Legal, if necessary, to conduct investigations and recommend actions to effectively resolve policy violations
- Analyze trends as they relate to employee performance, talent acquisition, employee development, engagement, and employee issues and recommend appropriate application or resolution
- Work in coordination with Learning & Development to assist with new employee onboarding/ orientation to foster positive attitude towards company goals
- Create and deliver ongoing education trainings for leadership team on HR best practices
- Act as an advisor to call center employees and managers regarding employee relations issues and provide methods and suggestions on best way to resolve and move forward
- Coach managers in employee performance issues to include verbal, written or final written warnings
- Assist with implementation and maintenance of human resources policies and procedures while ensuring compliance to all local and federal laws
- Respond to unemployment filings and appeals as directed by the Human Resource Director
- Prepare employee separation notices and related documentation, and conduct exit interviews to determine reasons behind separations
- Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from a four-year college or university or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum 1 to 2 years of Human Resource Generalist experience
- Previous experience in Call Centers preferred.
- Recruitment, interviewing and selection skills preferred
- PHR certification preferred
- Detailed knowledge of key human resources topics including recruiting, employment law, compensation, and basic skills in performance management and employee development
- Possess strong project management and organizational skills, excellent communication, presentation and facilitation skills, strong customer service, problem solving and conflict resolution skills, and expert knowledge of Microsoft Office; Excel, Power Point, Word, & Outlook
- Proven ability to build effective partnerships with leadership teams and employees and to change the business through creative problem-resolution, policy creation and/or lean efforts
- Ability to leverage technology to locate, engage and attract prospective candidates
- Ability to research to gain market awareness regarding competitors and candidate availability
- Ability to research, test and suggest new and innovative sourcing tools and techniques
We pride ourselves on hiring top talent and provide you the following benefits and more:
- Well defined career paths
- Qualify for Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits on Day 1
- Health Savings Account (HSA) or Flexible Spending (FSA)
- Company paid Life, AD&D, and Short & Long Term Disability
- 401K with company match after 90 days of service
- Holiday pay and paid time off
- Extensive Wellness Program and various Employee Discount Programs
- Personal Health Advocate
- Onsite Fitness Center
- Free soda, coffee, and drinks all day every day and much, much more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
If you are a current Extra Space employee, please apply through the "Find Internal Career Openings" in Workday
Extra Space Storage is the second largest operator of self-storage facilities in the U.S. Since we were founded in 1977, we’ve taken the storage industry by storm. In 2015 alone we added 1.6 Billion dollars in new acquisitions to our already large property portfolio.
The cornerstone of Extra Space Storage is successful partnerships with our stakeholders, partners, investors and customers. Our goals are driven by an impassioned, dedicated workforce that thrives in the innovation driven corporate environment. We are the best, at getting better!
Our Team Makes Us EXTRAordinary
Knowledge is power and experience is valuable. This is why we strive to attract the best candidates for every position at Extra Space Storage. Every position is valuable to our success from our executive management team, corporate employees, on-site managers and call center team.
Offering a Career Path Paved with Innovation and Satisfaction
Attracting the best candidates in any field requires a commitment to job satisfaction. At Extra Space Storage, job satisfaction is high, this is why we have one of the best retention rates in the business. We know that our success depends on our team loving their jobs!
An Extra Space employee is number one valued and knows they are invaluable to the team, customer and company. Second they are passionate enjoying a challenging and rewarding career path armed with the tools they need to succeed. Add a fun work culture and spectacular offices makes Extra Space a pretty amazing place to work.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: R-06430