Insurance Claims Specialist
It is an exciting time to be at Extra Space. We have been featured on multiple "Best Places to Work" awards, including Forbes and Glassdoor. We’re an S&P 500 company that hasn’t stopped growing since our founding in 1977. Today we are leading the self-storage industry in more ways than one, but in order to maintain this lead, we need exceptionally motivated, capable, and driven people like you. Self-storage is our product, helping people is our passion. Come grow with us and find out why so many of our employees recommend us as a great place to work.
We are currently hiring for an Insurance Claims Specialist at our corporate offices located in Salt Lake City, Utah. In this role, you will work with adjusters, brokers, and departments across the organization to process property, GL, and workers' compensation claims. Develop the knowledge and skills needed to conduct thorough investigations, make decisions about liability/compensability, evaluate losses, negotiate settlements, and manage an inventory of commercial property/casualty and disability claims through one-on-one mentoring, and on-the-job training. Use approved and acquired risk and claims management processes to reduce the cost of claims, and help managers return injured employees back to work as soon as practicable.
- Work with the team to ensure timely processing of all workers’ compensation, general liability, property and auto claims, disputes, and closures.
- Partner with third-party administrators to set up, manage and close claims as effectively as possible.
- Using RMIS and other systems to manage claims programs and processes, while working directly with insurance broker personnel, insurance adjusters, and attorneys
- Reports any safety concerns, loss control, or other risk-related issues
- Help ensure completeness of all incident reports submitted to the team
- Perform other risk management tasks as needed
- Very good verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Organizational and detail-tracking skills
- Basic computer skills such as word processing and spreadsheet applications
Education and Experience
- High School graduate or GED
- Two years experience in a related risk management, or insurance claims handling field
We pride ourselves on hiring top talent and provide the following benefits and more:
- Well defined career paths
- Great work/life balance
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Health Savings Account (HSA) or Flexible Spending (FSA)
- Company paid Life, AD&D, and Short- & Long-Term Disability
- 401K with company match after 90 days of service
- Holiday pay and paid time off
- Extensive wellness program and various employee discount programs
- Personal health advocate
- On-site fitness center
- Free soda, coffee, and snacks all day every day and much, much more!
If you are a current Extra Space employee, please apply through the "Find Internal Career Openings" in Workday.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.