IT Business Analyst
- Consult with Business Owners/Stakeholders to gather information about system needs, objectives, functions, and features
- Effectively provide and collaborate on solution designs to problems to ensure customer satisfaction
- Prioritize and triage requests from department stakeholders to provide expectations and feedback
- Assist in sprint plans and coordinating development resources
- Lead Agile ceremonies including standups, sprint retro and sprint reviews
- Write User Stories, Bugs and Spikes that effectively communicate requirements, so they are easily consumed by software development teams
- Own team’s backlog to keep it groomed and prioritized
- Coordinate releases with development team and clearly communicate status across teams
- Solid understanding of Business Analyst role
- Proficient with core Business Analyst skillset including process analysis, requirement gathering, project management, visual modeling, process flow, development processes
- Experience with Jira or other project management software
- Ability to act as agile team facilitator and lead meetings
- Ability to act as Project Manager on assigned projects
- Outside the box thinker and problem solver
- Thrive in a collaborative work environment
- Ability to effectively present information and clearly respond to questions from business users
- Must be self-motivator and able to complete tasks with limited direction and/or guidance
- Excellent communication, troubleshooting and documentation skills
- Basic SQL skillset
- Proficient with Microsoft Office toolset
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree from four-year College or University in Information Systems, Business Management, Computer Science, or in a related field
- 3-5 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Relevant Associate/Bachelor’s Degree or experience in lieu of required education is preferred
- Experience working in agile project management is preferred
We pride ourselves on hiring top talent and provide you the following benefits and more:
- Well defined career paths
- Qualify for Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits on Day 1
- Health Savings Account (HSA) or Flexible Spending (FSA)
- Company paid Life, AD&D, and Short & Long Term Disability
- 401K with company match after 90 days of service
- Holiday pay and paid time off
- Extensive Wellness Program and various Employee Discount Programs
- Personal Health Advocate
- Free soda, coffee, and drinks all day every day and much, much more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
If you are a current Extra Space employee, please apply through the "Find Internal Career Openings" in Workday.
Extra Space Storage is the second largest operator of self-storage facilities in the U.S. Since we were founded in 1977, we’ve taken the storage industry by storm. In 2015 alone we added 1.6 Billion dollars in new acquisitions to our already large property portfolio.
The cornerstone of Extra Space Storage is successful partnerships with our stakeholders, partners, investors and customers. Our goals are driven by an impassioned, dedicated workforce that thrives in the innovation driven corporate environment. We are the best, at getting better!
Our Team Makes Us EXTRAordinary
Knowledge is power and experience is valuable. This is why we strive to attract the best candidates for every position at Extra Space Storage. Every position is valuable to our success from our executive management team, corporate employees, on-site managers and call center team.
Offering a Career Path Paved with Innovation and Satisfaction
Attracting the best candidates in any field requires a commitment to job satisfaction. At Extra Space Storage, job satisfaction is high, this is why we have one of the best retention rates in the business. We know that our success depends on our team loving their jobs!
An Extra Space employee is number one valued and knows they are invaluable to the team, customer and company. Second they are passionate enjoying a challenging and rewarding career path armed with the tools they need to succeed. Add a fun work culture and spectacular offices makes Extra Space a pretty amazing place to work.