Senior IT Manager
It is a really exciting time to be at Extra Space Storage! We got our start in 1977. Today we are a New York Stock Exchange-traded company leading the self-storage industry in more ways than one. But in order to maintain this lead, we need exceptionally motivated, capable, and driven people like you. We offer a fast-paced collaborative environment where each of us directly contributes to the company’s success. Come join us and find out why so many of our employees recommend us as a great place to work.
Extra Space Storage is a dynamic, growing, publicly-traded company (EXR) that provides exciting employment opportunities. The company culture is based on five distinct values: integrity, excellence, innovation, teamwork and passion.
The Senior IT Manager manages infrastructure and development operations staff and their activities associated with the identification, prioritization, escalation, and ensuring ultimate resolution of project success, discovered and reported problems from either monitoring systems or business end users. The incumbent ensures that all phases of IT Operations support are planned, prioritized, coordinated, monitored, logged, tracked and resolved appropriately using Devops methodologies and practices. The Senior IT Manager hires and assigns personnel to various operations, directs work activities, directs skill growth and reviews and evaluates work performance.
What You’ll Do
- Prioritize and manage team work using Agile and Dev Ops methodologies to reduce cycle time and increase velocity.
- Empower and lead a self-managed highly performant team of systems administrators.
- Vendor relationship management.
- Utilize software monitoring and other telemetry tools to measure workflow efficiency, application performance and then report and resolve deviations from performance baseline.
- Continuously improve IT Operational processes to maintain efficient workflows to meet expected SLA standards.
- Solve complex business issues and problems as they arise.
- Manage IT Operations project delivery including defining work, measuring effort and meeting deadlines according to the project plan.
- Continuous expand the team’s skills and personal growth with mentorship, establishing training programs, budgeting time for experimentation.
- Create long-term strategies for IT Operations.
- Recommend new technical software or procedural solutions to improve efficiency.
- Ownership of systems and infrastructure in a Hybrid Cloud environment.
- Accountable for service operations KPI metrics as well as presenting to IT leadership.
- Write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Present information and respond to questions from groups of senior leadership, department managers and customers.
Key Skills & Qualifications
- Computer Science Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum 6 years of experience leading infrastructure uptime, support and IT operations systems administrators.
- Proven ability to lead a team that successfully implements and maintains IT strategies. Hiring and developing talent. Manage multiple simultaneous priorities. Making customers of their products and services successful.
- Project management, technical understanding, analyzing information, problem solving, staffing, good communicator.
- Experience with Devops practices and culture including Agile methodologies a plus.
- AWS cloud technical experience a plus.
- Experience managing cost, contracts and vendor relationships.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Some travel may be required to attend conferences or travel to visit with stores (up to 2% of total time).
We pride ourselves on hiring top talent and provide you the following benefits and more:
- Well defined career paths
- Qualify for Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits on Day 1
- Health Savings Account (HSA) or Flexible Spending (FSA)
- Company paid Life, AD&D, and Short & Long Term Disability
- 401K with company match after 90 days of service
- Holiday pay and paid time off
- Extensive Wellness Program and various Employee Discount Programs
- Personal Health Advocate
- Free soda, coffee, and drinks all day every day and much, much more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
If you are a current Extra Space employee, please apply through the "Find Internal Career Openings" in Workday
Extra Space Storage is the second largest operator of self-storage facilities in the U.S. Since we were founded in 1977, we’ve taken the storage industry by storm. In 2015 alone we added 1.6 Billion dollars in new acquisitions to our already large property portfolio.
The cornerstone of Extra Space Storage is successful partnerships with our stakeholders, partners, investors and customers. Our goals are driven by an impassioned, dedicated workforce that thrives in the innovation driven corporate environment. We are the best, at getting better!
Our Team Makes Us EXTRAordinary
Knowledge is power and experience is valuable. This is why we strive to attract the best candidates for every position at Extra Space Storage. Every position is valuable to our success from our executive management team, corporate employees, on-site managers and call center team.
Offering a Career Path Paved with Innovation and Satisfaction
Attracting the best candidates in any field requires a commitment to job satisfaction. At Extra Space Storage, job satisfaction is high, this is why we have one of the best retention rates in the business. We know that our success depends on our team loving their jobs!
An Extra Space employee is number one valued and knows they are invaluable to the team, customer and company. Second they are passionate enjoying a challenging and rewarding career path armed with the tools they need to succeed. Add a fun work culture and spectacular offices makes Extra Space a pretty amazing place to work.