Site Reliability Engineer
It is a really exciting time to be at Extra Space Storage! We got our start in 1977. Today we are a New York Stock Exchange-traded company leading the self-storage industry in more ways than one. But in order to maintain this lead, we need exceptionally motivated, capable, and driven people like you. We offer a fast-paced collaborative environment where each of us directly contributes to the company’s success. Come join us and find out why Glassdoor recognized Extra Space as one of their top 100 places to work in 2018!
A Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) is responsible for the availability, performance, monitoring, release engineering, and incident response, among other things, of the platforms and services the company runs and owns. SRE ensures that enterprise services have reliability and uptime appropriate to defined service levels. SRE’s are focused on optimizing existing systems, building cloud infrastructure, and eliminating manual work through automation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Analyzing, troubleshooting, and optimizing large-scale distributed systems in the public cloud
- Scale systems sustainably through mechanisms like automation and evolve systems by pushing for changes that improve reliability and velocity
- Improve and maintain monitoring and logging solutions that measure availability, latency and overall system health of production systems
- Provision and manage cloud Infrastructure through automation and infrastructure as code
- Restore healthy operation of applications and services through sustainable incident response and blameless postmortems
- Follow and monitor security and compliance best practices
- Configuration of continuous integration pipeline and release automation
- Experience with configuration and management of CI/CD pipeline (Git/TeamCity/Chef/Octopus/VSTS)
- Experience in Domain-Driven Design and application design patterns
- Configuration Management and Infrastructure as Code (e.g. Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Terraform)
- Building and deploying infrastructure in public cloud platforms such as AWS and/or Azure
- Understanding of network and security principles and best practices (CIS, OWASP)
- Development of tooling software to support other software development teams
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university, or three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
3+ years of software engineering and/or IT operations and infrastructure experience preferred
ASP.NET, C#, Object-Oriented Programming, Web Services, SQL Server
- ASP.NET WebAPI, Entity Framework, OAuth 2.0, Unit Testing, SSRS, Angular
- AWS skills: Lambda, API Gateway, SWF, SQS, RDS
We pride ourselves on hiring top talent and provide the following benefits and more:
- Well defined career paths
- Qualify for Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits on Day 1
- Health Savings Account (HSA) or Flexible Spending (FSA)
- Company paid Life, AD&D, and Short & Long Term Disability
- 401K with company match after 90 days of service
- Holiday pay and paid time off
- Extensive Wellness Program and various Employee Discount Programs
- Personal Health Advocate
- Onsite Fitness Center
- Free soda, coffee, and drinks all day every day and much, much more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
If you are a current Extra Space employee, please apply through the "Find Internal Career Openings" in Workday
Extra Space Storage is the second largest operator of self-storage facilities in the U.S. Since we were founded in 1977, we’ve taken the storage industry by storm. In 2015 alone we added 1.6 Billion dollars in new acquisitions to our already large property portfolio.
The cornerstone of Extra Space Storage is successful partnerships with our stakeholders, partners, investors and customers. Our goals are driven by an impassioned, dedicated workforce that thrives in the innovation driven corporate environment. We are the best, at getting better!
Our Team Makes Us EXTRAordinary
Knowledge is power and experience is valuable. This is why we strive to attract the best candidates for every position at Extra Space Storage. Every position is valuable to our success from our executive management team, corporate employees, on-site managers and call center team.
Offering a Career Path Paved with Innovation and Satisfaction
Attracting the best candidates in any field requires a commitment to job satisfaction. At Extra Space Storage, job satisfaction is high, this is why we have one of the best retention rates in the business. We know that our success depends on our team loving their jobs!
An Extra Space employee is number one valued and knows they are invaluable to the team, customer and company. Second they are passionate enjoying a challenging and rewarding career path armed with the tools they need to succeed. Add a fun work culture and spectacular offices makes Extra Space a pretty amazing place to work.