Software Engineering Team Lead
It is a really exciting time to be at Extra Space Storage! We got our start in 1977. Today we are a New York Stock Exchange-traded company leading the self-storage industry in more ways than one. But in order to maintain this lead, we need exceptionally motivated, capable, and driven people like you. We offer a fast-paced collaborative environment where each of us directly contributes to the company’s success. Come join us and find out why Glassdoor recognized Extra Space Storage as one of the top 100 places to work in 2018!
We are currently seeking a Software Engineering Team Lead at our corporate offices located in Salt Lake City, Utah. In this role, you will lead a scrum team of 3 to 5 Software Engineers, 1 Quality Engineer, and 1 Business Analyst. Your team will focus on delivering high quality software using AngularJS, C#, SQL Server, and many AWS cloud native technologies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for team delivery of assigned software projects and tasks
- Champions team implementation of architectural, design, and testing patterns
- Acts as a technical expert on the team, assisting developers in problem solving and debugging
- Leads and models the daily application of agile software development processes
- Fosters long-term professional and career growth of team members
- Contributes in staffing decisions
- Collaborates with other team leads to ensure successful delivery of multi-team projects
- Communicates task and project status to stakeholders
- May complete individual development tasks or proof of concept work
- 7+ years of relevant experience
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent work experience
- Required skills: ASP.NET, C#, Object-Oriented Programming, Web Services, SQL Server
- Desired skills: AWS, ASP.NET WebAPI, Entity Framework, OAuth 2.0, Unit Testing
- Experience with Service-Oriented Architecture
- Effective communicator, positive attitude, dedicated, team player
We pride ourselves on hiring top talent and provide the following benefits and more:
- Well defined career paths
- Qualify for Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits on Day 1
- Health Savings Account (HSA) or Flexible Spending (FSA)
- Company paid Life, AD&D, and Short & Long Term Disability
- 401K with company match after 90 days of service
- Holiday pay and paid time off
- Extensive Wellness Program and various Employee Discount Programs
- Personal Health Advocate
- Onsite Fitness Center
- Free soda, coffee, and drinks all day every day and much, much more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
If you are a current Extra Space employee, please apply through the "Find Internal Career Openings" in Workday
Extra Space Storage is the second largest operator of self-storage facilities in the U.S. Since we were founded in 1977, we’ve taken the storage industry by storm. In 2015 alone we added 1.6 Billion dollars in new acquisitions to our already large property portfolio.
The cornerstone of Extra Space Storage is successful partnerships with our stakeholders, partners, investors and customers. Our goals are driven by an impassioned, dedicated workforce that thrives in the innovation driven corporate environment. We are the best, at getting better!
Our Team Makes Us EXTRAordinary
Knowledge is power and experience is valuable. This is why we strive to attract the best candidates for every position at Extra Space Storage. Every position is valuable to our success from our executive management team, corporate employees, on-site managers and call center team.
Offering a Career Path Paved with Innovation and Satisfaction
Attracting the best candidates in any field requires a commitment to job satisfaction. At Extra Space Storage, job satisfaction is high, this is why we have one of the best retention rates in the business. We know that our success depends on our team loving their jobs!
An Extra Space employee is number one valued and knows they are invaluable to the team, customer and company. Second they are passionate enjoying a challenging and rewarding career path armed with the tools they need to succeed. Add a fun work culture and spectacular offices makes Extra Space a pretty amazing place to work.