Sr. Revenue Analyst
It's an exciting time to be at Extra Space Storage. There are over 50,000 self-storage facilities in the United States and the top players represent less than ten percent of the total market. Growth is happening at a rapid pace through acquisition, management services, and new store openings. As the largest publicly traded company (market cap) based in Utah, Extra Space offers stability while at the same time being agile, moving quickly, and anticipating and responding to where the market is headed. Employees here value innovation, creativity, and are passionate about what they do.
We got our start in 1977 and today we are a Fortune 500 company leading the self-storage industry in more ways than one. But to maintain this lead, we need exceptionally motivated, capable, and driven people like you. We offer a dynamic, collaborative environment where each of us directly contributes to the company's success. Our team monitors the performance of our stores; adjusting pricing, discount strategy, and marketing strategy to maximize the revenue of each store. We also balance this out with the occasional golf tournament, pickle ball competition, trail clean-up or other various off-site team activities to ensure creative juices keep flowing. Come find out why Glassdoor ranks Extra Space as one of the top employers you will want to work for.
We're are seeking a highly motivated team member to fill the role of Sr. Revenue Analyst. The Sr. Revenue Analyst leads and handles all aspects of strategic and tactical pricing within multiple territories for our growing organization. In this role, you will report directly to the Senior Director of Revenue Management and will work closely with Marketing and Field Operations to develop and execute pricing strategies and tactics. The position is an outstanding opportunity for you to learn and create an impact in a growing company with an engaging and creative culture. Ready to be part of the Extra Space success story? We hope so and would love to give you the chance.
The position will be located at our corporate headquarters in Salt Lake City, UT.
- Drives optimal pricing-based decisions for hundreds of properties in conjunction with broader marketing activities
- Identifies and executes innovation projects to drive incremental revenue and tackle customer experience opportunities
- Provide continuous feedback to data science team to improve pricing/discount tactics and tools
- Conducts in-depth analysis on competitor pricing and consumer analytics
- Diagnoses and communicates pricing model decisions to cross-functional teams
- Provide analytical support to multi-functional projects across the organization
- You think creatively and have confidence to share your perspective
- You demonstrate strong analytical skills with data driven decision-making
- You can independently craft, validate, present, and implement ideas
- You're a great teammate with strong collaboration skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are some of your strengths, along with strong interpersonal skills
- You handle large data sets with ease, and are able to deftly synthesize and communicate findings
- You are an advanced level of user in MS Office applications, particularly MS Excel
- Your understanding of SQL would be a plus
- You have three or more years’ experience in pricing, market research, marketing, or data analysis
- Revenue Management or pricing experience preferred
- You've earned a BS or BA; preferably in Finance, Business, or Marketing
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
If you are a current Extra Space employee, please apply through the "Find Internal Career Openings" in Workday.
Extra Space Storage is the second largest operator of self-storage facilities in the U.S. Since we were founded in 1977, we’ve taken the storage industry by storm. In 2015 alone we added 1.6 Billion dollars in new acquisitions to our already large property portfolio.
The cornerstone of Extra Space Storage is successful partnerships with our stakeholders, partners, investors and customers. Our goals are driven by an impassioned, dedicated workforce that thrives in the innovation driven corporate environment. We are the best, at getting better!
Our Team Makes Us EXTRAordinary
Knowledge is power and experience is valuable. This is why we strive to attract the best candidates for every position at Extra Space Storage. Every position is valuable to our success from our executive management team, corporate employees, on-site managers and call center team.
Offering a Career Path Paved with Innovation and Satisfaction
Attracting the best candidates in any field requires a commitment to job satisfaction. At Extra Space Storage, job satisfaction is high, this is why we have one of the best retention rates in the business. We know that our success depends on our team loving their jobs!
An Extra Space employee is number one valued and knows they are invaluable to the team, customer and company. Second they are passionate enjoying a challenging and rewarding career path armed with the tools they need to succeed. Add a fun work culture and spectacular offices makes Extra Space a pretty amazing place to work.