Sr. Systems Administrator
- Analyzing and troubleshooting windows servers, network and telecommunications issues on various platforms
- Ensure uptime of infrastructure systems through regular maintenance, monitoring and 24x7 alert response
- Regular maintenance of infrastructure systems which includes patching, upgrading and decommissioning of infrastructure systems
- Resolve tier III repair tickets for internal end user with service requests
- User account administration in Active Directory and other authorization systems
- Work on projects in a lead role capacity
- Advanced skills in one or more: Windows Server operating systems, VMware, Firewalls, Network, VPN, Storage Arrays, Active Directory, Azure, Office 365 Administration
- Ability to safely administer computer systems following change management policies
- Understanding of network and security principles and best practices (CIS, OWASP)
- Self-motivated to continuously expand technical knowledge and grow skills that will benefit team and company as a whole
- Willing work after hours as work tasks demand, ability to participate in after-hours on call rotations
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university, or 4-5 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- One or a combination of certifications with VMWare VCP, MCSE Microsoft Certification, Server+, Network+, Security+, A+, Cloud+
If you are a current Extra Space employee, please apply through the "Find Internal Career Openings" in Workday.
Extra Space Storage is the second largest operator of self-storage facilities in the U.S. Since we were founded in 1977, we’ve taken the storage industry by storm. In 2015 alone we added 1.6 Billion dollars in new acquisitions to our already large property portfolio.
The cornerstone of Extra Space Storage is successful partnerships with our stakeholders, partners, investors and customers. Our goals are driven by an impassioned, dedicated workforce that thrives in the innovation driven corporate environment. We are the best, at getting better!
Our Team Makes Us EXTRAordinary
Knowledge is power and experience is valuable. This is why we strive to attract the best candidates for every position at Extra Space Storage. Every position is valuable to our success from our executive management team, corporate employees, on-site managers and call center team.
Offering a Career Path Paved with Innovation and Satisfaction
Attracting the best candidates in any field requires a commitment to job satisfaction. At Extra Space Storage, job satisfaction is high, this is why we have one of the best retention rates in the business. We know that our success depends on our team loving their jobs!
An Extra Space employee is number one valued and knows they are invaluable to the team, customer and company. Second they are passionate enjoying a challenging and rewarding career path armed with the tools they need to succeed. Add a fun work culture and spectacular offices makes Extra Space a pretty amazing place to work.