It is an exciting time to be at Extra Space. We have been featured on multiple "Best Places to Work" awards, including Forbes and Glassdoor. We’re an S&P 500 company that hasn’t stopped growing since our founding in 1977. Today we are leading the self-storage industry in more ways than one, but in order to maintain this lead, we need exceptionally motivated, capable, and driven people like you. Self-storage is our product, helping people is our passion. Come grow with us and find out why so many of our employees recommend us as a great place to work.
The Staff Accountant serves a critical role on the Accounting team. Responsibilities include the preparation and analysis of monthly financial statements and reports. This position is open to a hybrid flexible work schedule.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain general ledger and supporting schedules
- Review monthly financial activity
- Prepare necessary financial statements and operating reports
- Support other corporate closing functions as needed
- A Bachelor's degree in Accounting is required for this position. Accounting experience with a real estate or related company is helpful, but not required. The incumbent must demonstrate knowledge of computers and automated accounting systems including, Microsoft Excel and Word. High degree of attention to detail is required for this position.
We pride ourselves on hiring top talent and provide the following benefits and more:
- Well defined career paths
- Qualify for Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits on Day 1
- Health Savings Account (HSA) or Flexible Spending (FSA)
- Company paid Life, AD&D, and Short & Long Term Disability
- 401K with company match after 90 days of service
- Holiday pay and paid time off
- Extensive Wellness Program and various Employee Discount Programs
- Personal Health Advocate
- Free soda, coffee, and drinks all day every day and much, much more!
Note: If you have experience working in any of the following areas, we encourage you to apply: general ledger accounting or real estate accounting.
If you are a current Extra Space employee, please apply through the "Find Internal Career Openings" in Workday.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: R-41217