Talent Development Manager
- Development of company-wide talent development solutions based on subject matter expertise in areas such as learning, development goals and plans, career planning, leadership talent reviews, and succession planning.
- Maintenance of programmatic company-wide leadership development offerings, including monitoring needs for refreshing content, improving delivery tactics, and developing ROI measurements.
- Perform internal consulting and assessment with senior leaders and HR leaders to analyze and assist with leadership, team, and cultural development needs.
- Development and delivery of programs that target high performing teams and high potential individuals.
- Evaluation of impact of talent development programs/initiatives, using a data-informed strategy.
- Facilitation of meetings, classes, and strategy sessions.
- Research, identification, and partnership with best-in-class vendors who offer meaningful enhancements to programs and curriculum.
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources, Organizational Development, Business Administration or related field. Advanced degree preferred.
- 5-7 years directly related experience, preferably in a medium-large company
- Experience leading and managing others, directly or indirectly
- Exceptional facilitation, teaching, and coaching skills.
- Demonstrated track record of developing strong partnerships with Senior Leaders, HR business partners, employees, and vendors.
- Strong written and oral communication skills and ability to market curriculum and programs effectively.
- Demonstrated ability to use quantitative and qualitative data to inform strategic vision and explain the "why" for recommended Talent initiatives, programs, and experiences.
- Strong content development and management skills that implement current Adult Learning Theory and blended learning methodologies.
- Ability to research and drive implementation of technologies that create and enhance efficiencies in Talent management information.
If you are a current Extra Space employee, please apply through the "Find Internal Career Openings" in Workday.
Extra Space Storage is the second largest operator of self-storage facilities in the U.S. Since we were founded in 1977, we’ve taken the storage industry by storm. In 2015 alone we added 1.6 Billion dollars in new acquisitions to our already large property portfolio.
The cornerstone of Extra Space Storage is successful partnerships with our stakeholders, partners, investors and customers. Our goals are driven by an impassioned, dedicated workforce that thrives in the innovation driven corporate environment. We are the best, at getting better!
Our Team Makes Us EXTRAordinary
Knowledge is power and experience is valuable. This is why we strive to attract the best candidates for every position at Extra Space Storage. Every position is valuable to our success from our executive management team, corporate employees, on-site managers and call center team.
Offering a Career Path Paved with Innovation and Satisfaction
Attracting the best candidates in any field requires a commitment to job satisfaction. At Extra Space Storage, job satisfaction is high, this is why we have one of the best retention rates in the business. We know that our success depends on our team loving their jobs!
An Extra Space employee is number one valued and knows they are invaluable to the team, customer and company. Second they are passionate enjoying a challenging and rewarding career path armed with the tools they need to succeed. Add a fun work culture and spectacular offices makes Extra Space a pretty amazing place to work.